Hi all newbie

Hello and welcome to the club.

Are you looking for a club or a school?

If you're intending to learn to fly PPG, you'll need an instructor, there are several on this forum.

Sooner or later, the question of BHPA will arise. BHPA is an organisation which has defined a training and licensing structure, provides third party insurance and organises competition in addition to other club activities.

Elsewhere on this forum is much discussion of the merits of BHPA membership.

There is no legal requirement for any form of license to fly PPG, but training is essential.

Whether you choose the BHPA route or not is up to you. Most importantly, you will need to find an instructor who suits you.

A visit to a club on a flying day is a good start. Most of us are happy to give new pilots the benefit of our experience. I fly in Norfolk, but I'm sure someone on this forum will be flying nearer to you.

I was in your position just over a year ago. I joined this forum, booked a day at a flying school and haven't looked back.

Take some time to read a couple of the training blogs. Get yourself a book or two (Paramotoring from the ground up, Touching Cloudbase etc.)

I look forward to reading your training blog.

BHPA is an organisation which has defined a training and licensing structure

Although it's not a licence (hence the confusion on Rob999's posts a couple of weeks ago.)

It's a bit of paper with a stamp on. Its a rating only recognised by the association it's self and a handful of people overseas.

(which is the same as the APPI and the PMC and what was the BMAA when they had a training system for Paramotors)

I only mention this as the word 'licence' implies a legal requirement and a newbie could easily be confused by the wording.

SW :D

BHPA is an organisation which has defined a training and licensing structure

Although it's not a licence (hence the confusion on Rob999's posts a couple of weeks ago.)

It's a bit of paper with a stamp on. Its a rating only recognised by the association it's self and a handful of people overseas.

(which is the same as the APPI and the PMC and what was the BMAA when they had a training system for Paramotors)

I only mention this as the word 'licence' implies a legal requirement and a newbie could easily be confused by the wording.

SW :D

And I was confused, until the forum put me on the straight and narrow..