hang test

jock

Brave man using that to hang off! lol

Angle of dangle looks good to me, maybe a comparison pic with one hole further back would be useful.

SW :D

Angle of dangle looks good to me, maybe a comparison pic with one hole further back would be useful.

Hi next setting back was un comfy felt like i was getting squashed,ive hung lots of that swing strong power coating lol.

Shouldn't you have the cage and prop on too?

It gives a more accurate angle as the weight is more correct.

Personally, I have given up on hang tests as my Zenith hangs completely different in flight compared to static hanging. I have no idea why though!

yes,, but my swing not wide enough for cage,i went for the most comfy setting and the best one to hang out of for landing,i have heard the zenith sits very high on your back,when my mate is back from doing his cp in morrco i will hang from one of his trees,,

Hi next setting back was un comfy felt like i was getting squashed,ive hung lots of that swing strong power coating lol.

You could extend the arms at the front for the harness to mount to, it will do the same as moving the hang points back.

• 4 weeks later...

well i fitted the dudek harness then hang test,my low arm set up dont work.the arms are to low.would have to move them to far up frame near my head,so will fit high hang point straps today.so i can get out 2morro.i see than the swan necks fitted to zenith/and bailey v5 are bolted high on the frame.would that be a better set up to bring unit to normal flight.rather than unit hang to low.or i will fit the bailey mid hang point arms////

5733641e6a0fb_jbars001.JPG.f9d7c26625311

we have looked at the swan neck set up, but its dear to buy,how much for a set of you pete.we had a bad day i knocked my ppg over in shed bang went the new prop,stewart fitted new coil to his b/devil ran for 5 mins then packed up.he has just ordered new mag for it.ive tried the rear hole and its to un comfy to sit in seat.needs mid hang point or swan neck,dont want to buy swan neck just in case it dont work you got a pick of your swan neck set up pete,,

we have looked at the swan neck set up, but its dear to buy,how much for a set of you pete.we had a bad day i knocked my ppg over in shed bang went the new prop,stewart fitted new coil to his b/devil ran for 5 mins then packed up.he has just ordered new mag for it.ive tried the rear hole and its to un comfy to sit in seat.needs mid hang point or swan neck,dont want to buy swan neck just in case it dont work you got a pick of your swan neck set up pete,,

PM sent

Call me if you want

Pete

Personally, I'd do the hang test in full flying gear, instruments, reserve everything fitted,harness tight and normal (average take off fuel) fuel load. The thrust of the machine in relation to the pivots on the swing arms machine effects the thrust line, but normally at cruising rpm I'd be aiming to have the thrust line roughly parallel with the ground and the prop (not the cage) angle 90deg to the ground. Either side of that your either pushing your weight up or down in level flight. You need someone to eyeball it for you of course. No good using a kiddies swing to do this unless you fancy going places with it. But there's loads of frames around the place you could use if you spoke to the owners if you cant locate one yourself. Most Paramotor sellers have them, Nigel at UKPPG got one, Parajet have one etc etc.