Ozone Speedster For A Novice Pilot ??

rob999

Was cruising fleabay and saw this..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ozone-Speedst ... 1c303b3967

Any good for a novice pilot wieighing 82kg on the scales ??

I have not flown, yet, but am bloomin good at ground handling as have practice wing and been practising for a year or so !!

Any advice gratefully received...

Morgy will be along in a minute to aswer that :D

This is bilbo's wing he used to be on this forum but has given up flying due to location and no sites. It is a mint wing...

I would never recommend a speedster to a NEW Pilot as it is ENC. I am not saying you wil not be able to fly it as it is such an easy wing to fly Launch and Land.

If you have a few hours PG i would say yes without hessitation go for it. I have sold a Speedster 28m to a new PGG pilot who had some hours PG and he Loves it

If you totally new to the sport i would say no BUT at that price buy it get some hours under your belt then start to fly it in light non thermic condition's.

The Speedster can get a little lively when it get's nice and thermic. BUT i fly when most will sit on the ground. :wink:

You should take advice from your instructor as he knows you and your skill set

My First wing was a Fusion... But this would never be recommended for a beginner.

Just noticed you weight you might be on the light side for that wing depending on the motor weight. Low hours middle or close to the all up limit. You do not want to be close to the lower limits.

Edited by Guest

Morgy,

Thanks for your comments..

Looks like it will be a great wing for someone, but not me, I'm hoping to loose a few kg's yet as on a diet. I guess this will certainly make me too light.

Its a shame he hasn't got a Bailey at such a reduced price with an hours use on it as well....

The weight issue confuses me a bit I have to admit.

On all the wing specs there are weight limits which are very wide and there is always a large overlap between one wing and the next in the same range..

Hi Dave

Don't get me wrong it's a very smooth wing.

Barry came from a nucleon and was a nervous pilot. The speedster gets him up now when he would have struggled to launch with his BIG nucleon. It does move more than the Nucleon.

Hi rob

Bilbo did have a V5 he sold it late last year. He bought it from us but could not find any sites where he lived, and i dont think there was any other PPG pilots in his area so he decided to go back to PG.

Are you interested in a V5 ??

Hi Dave

Don't get me wrong it's a very smooth wing.

Barry came from a nucleon and was a nervous pilot. The speedster gets him up now when he would have struggled to launch with his BIG nucleon. It does move more than the Nucleon.

Hi rob

Bilbo did have a V5 he sold it late last year. He bought it from us but could not find any sites where he lived, and i dont think there was any other PPG pilots in his area so he decided to go back to PG.

Are you interested in a V5 ??

At that money its a bargain if i had the money i would go for it myself

Anyone want to by a Nucleon 31 , 3 hours use £1500 LOL

Morgy,

Am I interested in a Bailey???

To be perfectly honest I am so confused with motors.

I did some training with Deano last year. He went abroard before I went solo. His advice ws a Parajet with a Polini 100. Now I read that the Polini 100 is being phased out, being replaced with a 130, and I read that Deano went to the factory a week or so ago to get his converted to a 130. Deano recommended a low point harness.

I like the 'look' of the Bulldog, but not low point harness.

Parajet with either the Polini or Vitarozzi, local to me but pricey. Bailey engine, more pricey.

Bailey, expensive and high hang point. Heavy, but I do like 4 stroke engines.

Custom Air, Air Conception. titanium frame, right engine and harness, lovely weight but relatively unproved in the UK.

TAG Paramotors, very competitive price but again unproven in the UK.

So, Morgy, can you see my dilemma.. I guess everyone has differing parameters and now there are so many differing paramotors for the differing parameters... ha ha ha....

It would be nice if someone could do a side by side road test to give us all a benchmark to work from. There is only info from manufacturers and comments by owners, there is no independant reviews out there....

Sorry to bang on about this, but I'm probably not the only newbie that answers to newbieconfused.com...