Sunglider wings

bubba1

• 2 months later...
only ever seen them on ebay. Never heard of them before stay well clear.

My kids don't like peas !!!! but they have never tired them its a bit like the Sunglider dont knock them until you try them and you are more than welcome to please contact me.

• Like 1

I can understand why the majority of pilots in the UK choose the 3 most common brands here, because they are easier to get hold of for test flights and because they can speak to other pilots that are flying them, but it is a little narrow minded to disregard a brand simply because it is not common in the UK. There are other manufacturers producing equally good or better wings that are often overlooked in the UK. The number of active pilots in this country is tiny compared to some other countries, some of these other less known (in the UK ) brands are very popular in other parts of the world and probably sell more globally.

I would like to add to pauldeakins above post..

I read the lovely glossy Paramotor magazine which has super glossy photos from all around the world. They often show wings and motors that I've never heard of and are certainly not mainstream UK fare. I've often wondered why they are not in the UK ?

We are quite brand conscious in the UK and I often wonder if we're not a bit narrow minded ?

The trouble is, when you're spending a few thousand quid on a new wing, you tend to be a bit more risk averse. You look at what your friends are flying, perhaps have a test flight. I suspect that if a bunch of people you know bought less obvious wings and were very happy with them, you'd probably consider getting one yourself. But if they're all flying Paramania, Dudek and Ozone and are very happy with them, it makes sense to go with what you know.

If the less well known brands are serious about making in-roads into the UK they would be wise to offer test flights (e.g. at Comps, Fly-ins) so that people can see for themselves how good (or not) these brands are.

Dom

If sun gliders were any good we would all be flying them and saving a few quid, word soon gets about if something is genuinely good. If its average or below we generally avoid. Your life is at stake, this is an aircraft.

If you fly Paragliders only there are many brands to choose from all with different feelings and specs. Some very popular brands in Europe that we rarely see in the UK.

If you fly reflex then there are 4 main brands in the running.

Paramania

Dudek

Ozone

APCO

That's about it.

I am the main UK agent for the Sunglider wings, they are fully certified and are only £1600 !!!!! if you are in doubt about them contact me, I have sold 35 wings in 2 years and have NEVER seen one second hand on any of the auction sites, however there are lots of others being sold second hand, that speaks volumes don't you think, open your eyes and take a good close look as I have said it you have any doubts contact me. check out this youtube link.

Cheers Trev Drury (paramotorpirates.co.uk)

I used to test fly these before they were sold on to the unsuspecting public, and found them to be very very active and a hands on wing. defo not for the faint harted.

when on eBay they only fetch about £400 max secondhand !

hot potato springs to mind.

there bad copy's of former good wings.

stick to what you know.

these of course are only my findings.

:roll:

So Paramotor Pirates sell them. The same organisation that sell trikes on ebay and says;

"(Please read the description carefully it does not say you can fly this legally without an NPPL i.e. you need a NPPL to fly legally) but people do fly these without an NPPL and do not have a problem."

Of course people flying illegally typically do not have a problem. A lot of burglers get away with it and do not have a problem but it doesn't mean it's okay to encourage it does it?

What kind of responsible business advertises by effectively encouraging people to break the law...

Grow-up Paramotor Pirates.

Sent from Dorset on my iPad probably whilst drinking wine, lying in the sofa using PMC Forum mobile app

So Paramotor Pirates sell them. The same organisation that sell trikes on ebay and says;

"(Please read the description carefully it does not say you can fly this legally without an NPPL i.e. you need a NPPL to fly legally) but people do fly these without an NPPL and do not have a problem."

Of course people flying illegally typically do not have a problem. A lot of burglers get away with it and do not have a problem but it doesn't mean it's okay to encourage it does it?

What kind of responsible business advertises by effectively encouraging people to break the law...

Grow-up Paramotor Pirates.

Sent from Dorset on my iPad probably whilst drinking wine, lying in the sofa using PMC Forum mobile app

You still lay on that sofa drinking wine this time in the morning!!! :lol:

That has to be the best reply to a posting I have ever read flymeccuk test flying Sunglider lol I think NOT what an idiot, Humberside police has been to see him about slanderous comments he seems to continue to make however Humberside police will be informed once again, please look at the misuse of communications act before you start making silly comments. I have a letter from Sunglider stating the truth about Flymeccuk and their comments about them test flying the wings and showing what liar's these people are, if you would like a copy please email me and I would be happy to send it on to you.

• 3 weeks later...

same rules seem to apply to anything in life, buy cheap and get what you pay for.

people will always say you are paying just for the brand, I dont believe that is always the case.

My Audi is better than my friends Daewoo.

My Solomon hiking boots are better than HiTec which didn't last and were not supportive.

Cheap tyres are very poor in the wet as apposed to main brand tyres, which do you drive on?

I am sorry but I don't understand the logic behind what you are saying, I own a Rolex but it tells the same time as timex, I cant see what you mean not every thing that is "cheap" or at a fair price is poor quality, you would be very surprised if you were to find out who Sunglider manufacture for, 2 very well known paragliders, so make your own mind up but don't over pay.

• Like 1

A rolex is a poor example. very expensive watch that can run fast or slow depending if you lay facedown or face up. My Casio < a well known brand works a treat, 8 years and still not changed the battery. I had a cheap watch that died soon as I got it wet, even though it was supposed to be waterproof. Its ok I got over it, so don't be upset, AVIA i think it was.

I have never seen a sun glider to comment directly, I know nothing of the make. I was merely stating that most of the time in life you get what you pay for.

I have seen cheap gliders and cheap motors, they all had the same thing in common. Low price, low quality, poor stitching, cheap materials. The motors were out right dangerous, stamped out mild steel buckles bending, the wings I refused to fly. Don't even remember the make, they were a poor copy of an Action (a wing I am happy to fly), there is another new company showing off its goods and they are a modified copy of the Revolution, unfortunately they are a bad copy or modification as I watch one recently taking collapses left and right before a good pilot managed to regain control.

My worry is for the new pilot who doesn't know what he is buying into, that is where my concerns lay and my reason for commenting at all.

If you demo a Sunglider and you like it and your getting a deal, fair play, so long as you know what your buying, done your research and its within your skill level.

The research is a problem, as I could ask on this forum, what do you think of the Nucleon, or Revo2, Speedster etc and gets a fair spectrum of input from pilots who liked or disliked the wings for its characteristics and they're flying style. A pilot could then deduce a good idea which wing is most suitable for them.

• Like 1

That's the issue you don't get a fair evaluation of the quality what you get on these site's, people only want to push the gear they are selling most of the time, one reply on here was a blatant out and out lie about test flying Sunglider, so as to try and discredit Sunglider, they have threatened to sue him for his comments, and yes I am the UK main dealer for the Sunglider it has a full DHV rating and the LTF 1-2, I would be more than happy to send you the letter from Sunglider they sent to the fool who made negative comments on here and invite you to try one.