Looking to get started with PPC, where do I start?

Hello,

I have begun saving up some money to buy a PPC. I came upon PPC totally by chance on YouTube about a year ago and I have not been able to get it off my mind ever since. I have always wanted to fly, but didn't have the money to get a pilots license or aircraft for that matter. However, with some saving, PPC's are right up my alley!

I have just decided to save up enough for my first PPC and I plan to buy a good one. I am looking for something that is reliable, easy to maintain, quiet, and with good safety features. My projected budget for everything as of yet is $10,000 and should be able to have that money in about two years.

In the meantime I will be researching and learning everything I can on PPC's. I live in Northern Kentucky just South of Cincinnati in the United States. What are some pointers you would give me that would help kick start my learning? Also, what brands and models of PPC would you recommend? What kind of wing should I start with? I am not too interested in flying fast, I imagine myself as more of a slow stable flyer. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Welcome to the Paramotor Club :-)

Your first port of call aught to be an instructor, he / she / they will be able to help you with your wing. I find its better to decide for each person. most decent schools will have a range of kit for you to try... odds are you will 'click' with a wing before you have even flown it... (they are very different on the ground as well!!)

In the UK we are very much into our Reflex wings, (slow when trimmers in, fast when out) they are basically a requirement in the UK due to our weather.

$10k sounds very doable :-)

browse the forum, ask questions, and find your instructor.

Again, welcome!

SW :D

Hello,

I have begun saving up some money to buy a PPC. I came upon PPC totally by chance on YouTube about a year ago and I have not been able to get it off my mind ever since. I have always wanted to fly, but didn't have the money to get a pilots license or aircraft for that matter. However, with some saving, PPC's are right up my alley!

I have just decided to save up enough for my first PPC and I plan to buy a good one. I am looking for something that is reliable, easy to maintain, quiet, and with good safety features. My projected budget for everything as of yet is $10,000 and should be able to have that money in about two years.

In the meantime I will be researching and learning everything I can on PPC's. I live in Northern Kentucky just South of Cincinnati in the United States. What are some pointers you would give me that would help kick start my learning? Also, what brands and models of PPC would you recommend? What kind of wing should I start with? I am not too interested in flying fast, I imagine myself as more of a slow stable flyer. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hello there SimonW! Thank you for the welcome. You are the owner of this website, correct?

From your experience, where are the best places to look in order to find an instructor near me? I've Googled it many times and I cannot seem to find anyone close. Every instructor I find is about 6 hours or more away from me. Is there a website where instructors are listed that would make things easier on me? Do you have a lot of members here on your forums from the United States?

We don't have many people here from the USA, but about 25% of our visits are from there so your questions were well worth posting :-)

Have you had a look on the www.appippg.org website as they have a global network of instructors from many different associations and groups.

Other than that, keep doing what your doing and I am sure you will find your person.

SW :D

Weston

check out http://www.DiscoverPoweredParagliding.net

His name is Mike Mixer great guy and good lessons..

Email him and tell him Terrie from canada sent you.. I am sure he will help you out.

terrie

Thank you TerriB! I will send him an Email for sure, probably later tonight. I have been looking all over for a good instructor / school and they are really hard to find! The few I have found really don't have a lot of information on their websites, or they lack a website all together. If anyone knows of any other good instructors around Kentucky, Ohio, or Cincinnati, please let me know! I would like to shop around and consider my options.

I also noticed how darn expensive training is, it's almost as much as a chute!