Video footage?

Simon (or anyone else who was at Lambourn a couple of weeks ago when I was last there),

Someone had a video camera when I was last there and may have got some video of me flying. I'm trying to seek some sponsorship to help me fund my trip to the Worlds and want to do a very short bit of video for potential sponsors. If anyone has any video of my flying the Plasma then I would be very grateful to receive it. All except my dodgy landing that is!

If anyone can help that would be great.

Cheers

Dave

Simon (or anyone else who was at Lambourn a couple of weeks ago when I was last there),

Someone had a video camera when I was last there and may have got some video of me flying. I'm trying to seek some sponsorship to help me fund my trip to the Worlds and want to do a very short bit of video for potential sponsors. If anyone has any video of my flying the Plasma then I would be very grateful to receive it. All except my dodgy landing that is!

If anyone can help that would be great.

Cheers

Dave

I think my son took some video of yours and Rachel's Nats spot landings on Saturday ? I'll see what else there is.

Cheers

Paul

Now Lets talk about Spot landings and how the Paramotor pilots differ fropm Paragliding.

I have to say I think the Paragliders have got it right, you launch, you do a circuit or whatever and then you land as close to the center of the spot as possible.

Now the Paramotorors seem to come in long and lo and tap the spot only to land abut 15 feet away.......

Whats that all about?

I think the Lambourn Paramotor Club may have to hold an accuracy comp the hard way :D

Whos up for that? bit of fun of course.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the potential help with video.

Simon, you were already on my list of phone calls to make ;)

Regarding the differing spot landing techniques, there is a massive safety consideration : reflex wings are incredibly stable but when they DO let go the recovery characteristics are much more aggressive and so we don't like to take them close to the stall.

On a traditional paraglider wing, with experience you can 'mush it in' very close to the stall. If you go a little too far then the wing will go parachutal but with practice and skill this can be controlled. On a reflex wing this is much more difficult and the recovery from parachutal stall can be a much more aggressive dive.

In spot landings in paramotor comps (which I hasten to add are not one of my greatest strengths), we try to land with lots of speed / energy which then allows a very long flare allowing us to tap the spot 'on the way through'. It's a very different technique but those on reflex wings tend to use it. People flying traditional wings often stick to the conventional technique.

I've just been voted back onto the competitions committee, still responsible for competition training. I would be very happy to run some competition training sessions at the Lambourn site if people would like it.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...
Regarding the differing spot landing techniques, there is a massive safety consideration : reflex wings are incredibly stable but when they DO let go the recovery characteristics are much more aggressive and so we don't like to take them close to the stall.

On a traditional paraglider wing, with experience you can 'mush it in' very close to the stall. If you go a little too far then the wing will go parachutal but with practice and skill this can be controlled. On a reflex wing this is much more difficult and the recovery from parachutal stall can be a much more aggressive dive.

In spot landings in paramotor comps (which I hasten to add are not one of my greatest strengths), we try to land with lots of speed / energy which then allows a very long flare allowing us to tap the spot 'on the way through'. It's a very different technique but those on reflex wings tend to use it. People flying traditional wings often stick to the conventional technique.

I've just been voted back onto the competitions committee, still responsible for competition training. I would be very happy to run some competition training sessions at the Lambourn site if people would like it.

~Invaluable! thanks Hairsy - More please!