Revo 2 vs Nucleon

firefly

What are the main dig fences between the Paramania Revo 2 & the Dudek Nucleon. A few guys that I know that have flown both say the nucleon feels loads better in flight?

I sold my Revo 2 to buy a Nucleon, the biggest differance I noticed straight away was how much throttle I needed in flight, the revo needed around three quarter throttle to stay in level flight with the trimmers on take off position.

The nuc on the other hand needs barely more than tickover when flying with the trimmers in the same position, I was using a fair bit of fuel on the revo, I dont use no where near the same on the nuc.

its a bit different to launch, the revo is quite easy where as the nuc requires a different techniuqe but once mastered its a doddle.

I found both wings to be very stable with trimmers out, both feel nice and solid.

The higher performance of the nuc is apparent as soon as you start flying it, it just seems to carve through the air so much better, with the nuc you just have to pint it where you want to go and you are there, where the revo would wollow a bit the nuc just goes.

The nucs trimmers are a bit fussy but again once you are used to them they are not a problem.

The differance in glide rate is huge, once you let off the throttle the revo would loose hieght quick, but the nuc just keeps going, I got caught out on my first flight on the nuc and nearly went straight through the gate ata the end of the field and off into the distance.

I love the nuc and it gives me everything I want from a wing at this point, the only thing I may change it for is the new GTX, but I am waiting to see some reviews on that before I make a move.

The revo2 is a good first wing if you have never flown before, however if you are coming from a background in paragliding you may be a bit dissapointed with its performance and the nuc may suit you better.

Out cast were the wings the same size??? I thought you had a small revo??

If you have come from Paragliding you might want to look at the speedster. Most of our local Nucleon Pilot's have switched to Speedsters.

The nucleon is rock solid, you wont go wrong with it. but if you like the feel of a free flight wing the Speedster will be more to your liking.

Out cast were the wings the same size??? I thought you had a small revo??

If you have come from Paragliding you might want to look at the speedster. Most of our local Nucleon Pilot's have switched to Speedsters.

The nucleon is rock solid, you wont go wrong with it. but if you like the feel of a free flight wing the Speedster will be more to your liking.

Hi Morgy, yes my revo was smaller but the wing loading as per placarded wieght range was almost the same.

not flown the speester so cant coment on how it compares to the nuc, I am still waiting for Morgy to offer my a go on his :dive::D

What are the main dig fences between the Paramania Revo 2 & the Dudek Nucleon. A few guys that I know that have flown both say the nucleon feels loads better in flight?

I sold my Revo 2 to buy a Nucleon, the biggest differance I noticed straight away was how much throttle I needed in flight, the revo needed around three quarter throttle to stay in level flight with the trimmers on take off position.

The nuc on the other hand needs barely more than tickover when flying with the trimmers in the same position, I was using a fair bit of fuel on the revo, I dont use no where near the same on the nuc.

its a bit different to launch, the revo is quite easy where as the nuc requires a different techniuqe but once mastered its a doddle.

I found both wings to be very stable with trimmers out, both feel nice and solid.

The higher performance of the nuc is apparent as soon as you start flying it, it just seems to carve through the air so much better, with the nuc you just have to pint it where you want to go and you are there, where the revo would wollow a bit the nuc just goes.

The nucs trimmers are a bit fussy but again once you are used to them they are not a problem.

The differance in glide rate is huge, once you let off the throttle the revo would loose hieght quick, but the nuc just keeps going, I got caught out on my first flight on the nuc and nearly went straight through the gate ata the end of the field and off into the distance.

I love the nuc and it gives me everything I want from a wing at this point, the only thing I may change it for is the new GTX, but I am waiting to see some reviews on that before I make a move.

The revo2 is a good first wing if you have never flown before, however if you are coming from a background in paragliding you may be a bit dissapointed with its performance and the nuc may suit you better.

Nice review, very helpful.

Thanks

Dan

Nice review, very helpful.

Thanks

Dan

Thanks Dan, if you get the chance try and get a demo on a nuc you will love it, pity you are not nearer as you could have tried mine. :D

If I may I'll add a tiniest bit of balance;

I come from paragliding (& speedflying). I love my Revo2 (26m). Sure its not as fast as any of my other wings of course, but for me PPG is about travelling..mostly in straight lines or gently profiling terrain. The Revo does that superbly, very very easy launch, super stable and is all I would want in a PPG wing. Im not going to slalom anytime soon (but I can crank it when desire to). I seem to fly just fine on low revs (Parajet Vol2 macro) 130kg AU.

I just got a new PG wing which is top end EN-B..all bells and whistles, fast. 9.1 glide, tiny risers etc etc..and I so want that for my flying over the next few years...but with PPG its different for me, just get me up, fly nice n stable and get me down.

Thanks Revo! :D

david

Outcast You can have a demo when ever you like we operate 7 days a week or when the weather is good for flying we/i am out flying.... We have at the monet a 26 and 24m on demo. we can get a 28m and 30m if needed

Simon i have offered you a demo ages ago!!!! if you wanted a go you should have said....

I did wonder where all that dog poo came from :wink:

If I may I'll add a tiniest bit of balance;

I come from paragliding (& speedflying). I love my Revo2 (26m). Sure its not as fast as any of my other wings of course, but for me PPG is about travelling..mostly in straight lines or gently profiling terrain. The Revo does that superbly, very very easy launch, super stable and is all I would want in a PPG wing. Im not going to slalom anytime soon (but I can crank it when desire to). I seem to fly just fine on low revs (Parajet Vol2 macro) 130kg AU.

I just got a new PG wing which is top end EN-B..all bells and whistles, fast. 9.1 glide, tiny risers etc etc..and I so want that for my flying over the next few years...but with PPG its different for me, just get me up, fly nice n stable and get me down.

Thanks Revo! :D

david

Absolutely +1 :D

Thanks Dan, if you get the chance try and get a demo on a nuc you will love it, pity you are not nearer as you could have tried mine.

I'd love to try one, but unlikely out here.

Can I just ask, in what way is the launch technique different on the Nuc? I've only ever flown a Revo and I semi-power launch every time, and it is a doddle. Virtually 100% success, unless of course you're standing on the lines, like I did the other day :oops:

I have a Nucleon and a Speedster. Nuc is the most stable xc wing out there along with the synthesis ( but more efficient). The Nuc and synth both need sustained A riser pressure to bring the wing overhead in low wind power off launches at take off setting. I set the trimmers out to +3 in "nil wind" and the wing comes overhead very easily. I very rarely use the take off position for launch on the Nuc - always 0 to +3 setting. Obviously you have to run a bit further on +3 but lean back and let the motor do the work.

Haven't flown the Revo 2

Nuc is the most stable xc wing out there along with the synthesis ( but more efficient).

Haven't flown the Revo 2

Luke, how can you say that the Nuc is the most stable wing out there if you haven't flown a Revo 2?

Dan

I have, and it is more stable than the revo2

Thanks Dan, if you get the chance try and get a demo on a nuc you will love it, pity you are not nearer as you could have tried mine.

I'd love to try one, but unlikely out here.

Can I just ask, in what way is the launch technique different on the Nuc? I've only ever flown a Revo and I semi-power launch every time, and it is a doddle. Virtually 100% success, unless of course you're standing on the lines, like I did the other day :oops:

I can only say what method i have found that worked for me, the revo was a case of a regular forward or reverse launch.

with the Nuc I find this techniuqe works best as the Nuc tends to have a bit of a sticking point as it rises.

clip in as per normal, take hold of the risers ect, take up slak on the lines to make sure you equal pressure on each, step back one step, about quarter throttle, let off throttle and imediately run forward snatching the wing off the ground, no pressure on the As as the wing comes up and is roughly at the nine oclock position if viewed from the side get back on the throttle, this tends to make the wing pass through its sticking point much easier, once the wing is up I am already moving forward still at about half throttle, I take a qucik glance either side to check its inflated ok and then hit the throttle and am normally off the ground quite quick.

all sounds a bit complicated and is easier to do than describe, but once you get to feel how the nuc rises its quite easy.

I can only say what method i have found that worked for me, the revo was a case of a regular forward or reverse launch.

with the Nuc I find this techniuqe works best as the Nuc tends to have a bit of a sticking point as it rises.

clip in as per normal, take hold of the risers ect, take up slak on the lines to make sure you equal pressure on each, step back one step, about quarter throttle, let off throttle and imediately run forward snatching the wing off the ground, no pressure on the As as the wing comes up and is roughly at the nine oclock position if viewed from the side get back on the throttle, this tends to make the wing pass through its sticking point much easier, once the wing is up I am already moving forward still at about half throttle, I take a qucik glance either side to check its inflated ok and then hit the throttle and am normally off the ground quite quick.

all sounds a bit complicated and is easier to do than describe, but once you get to feel how the nuc rises its quite easy.

Cheers Dave, that's really useful, and interesting because that's how I launch my Revo2 :D

I'm due a change and the Nuc sounds perfect for me, but I want to wait to see how the GTX is reviewed.

Dan

Cheers Dave, that's really useful, and interesting because that's how I launch my Revo2 :D

I'm due a change and the Nuc sounds perfect for me, but I want to wait to see how the GTX is reviewed.

Dan

I am with you on that one mate, I have been looking everywhere for an unbiased review of the GTX, I guess not enough people have flown them yet.

You could be in luck, I'm about to order a GTX. Want to try one but might feel a bit mild compared to the GTR.

Not likely to arrive till January.

I can give an unbiased review but my point of view has been distorted from

flying the GTR for the last year. Need to jump on someone's revo2 to bring me back inline with more normal wings.

You could be in luck, I'm about to order a GTX. Want to try one but might feel a bit mild compared to the GTR.

Not likely to arrive till January.

I can give an unbiased review but my point of view has been distorted from

flying the GTR for the last year. Need to jump on someone's revo2 to bring me back inline with more normal wings.

Vince I would be quite happy to give it a go for you :D