Bulldog Vs Parajet

firefly

Funny I make statement from criticisms of past customers and where are they all now, no one to back me up.

I guess it's not a major issue then, just the few I spoke to. It was when I was selling Kobra I got asked "does it bruise under your arm like a pap?"

The answer was no it doesn't the bars are curved.

Funny I make statement from criticisms of past customers and where are they all now, no one to back me up.

I guess it's not a major issue then, just the few I spoke to. It was when I was selling Kobra I got asked "does it bruise under your arm like a pap?"

The answer was no it doesn't the bars are curved.

I would think it was the risers that were causing the bruising on forward launches due to bad technique.

As the arms are straight causing the risers to be farther back when the arms are down (when you are not seated in the harness)

With the curved arms the risers would be held forward more and possibly a bit higher (when you are not seated in the harness)

Pete

Vince,

I would go with Pete's angle... Its more likely to be from using the inner biceps to push the risers rather than using a little more effort on the a lines.

I don't know of anyone who has got bruises from low hang point swing arms from the top of my head.

You won't get public back up from whoever it was, as it is likely not 'backable upable'

SW :D

There must be a reason why Clive has change from the Polini to the Evo. He does allot of testing!!! If he is now fitting that Motor he must think its better...

I know they're not all like mine, but I have to say my Polini has been a nightmare & I would NOT buy another Paramotor with this engine. So far in 26 hours of flying I have had 2 forced landings due to fuel tank issues (although one of these was my fault as I over tightened the fuel cap - which actually loosened it), 1 forced landing due to a blown engine and another forced landing due to the fact that it's now drinking around 15 ltrs per hour (following it's engine re build).

I can see why Clive has changed over.

Although I like a lot of the Bulldog design features my shortlist for it's replacement is either a Parajet Zenith (pricey but nice & comes with the famous Parajet back up), a Bailey V5 (economical & again good back up from Morgy), or possibly a Fresh Breeze with the Simonini engine (made by Zee Germans, so it must be good).

The truth of the matter is that at the moment though I can't afford to replace it, so I'm pretty much grounded until I can afford to replace the carb (in the hope this solves the fuel issue) or source a replacement engine.

As I have no choice but to keep it I am also considering getting an old Bailey alloy tank put into it too.

I don't like being negative but I feel I need to be honest here & share any experiences, be they good or bad, for the benefit of others.

The Polini Thors I know are running sweet. My own one which I run for a year was faultless and gave excellent economy. I have always regarded it as an excellent engine.

I'm not bias, I now fly a Moster for its power to weight and sell h-130 for its power to weight.

Truthfully I think all engines can suffer issues in their life at anytime.

Does sound like a carb issue. I usually find problems with, quick release connectors, primer bulbs, fuel filters. We now fit clunk filters and have nothing else inline. Using a blow pipe to prime the carb by putting pressure in the fuel tank.

I have carb kits in stock, call me see if we can get you sorted out from your symptoms.

Vince

Custom Air 07932 373570

Phil I am glad you are being honest, that’s all a man has.

First off, Polini is a good company to deal with in regards to communications and logistics (I would say one of the best). But give them feedback or suggest product improvement then that’s a different story. Italians, touchy creatures ;-)

The Thor 100 in my opinion is too highly strung and has no capacity to go off tolerance without consequences (and I believe this to be the same with the Thor 200), although when running well its hard to beat for its size. Fuel burn has always been an issue and this is why it’s never been a serious contender for the competition pilots.

They are cessing production of the Thor 100 (110cc) and launching a new 130cc version. Is this to address all the problems? I don’t know. I for one won’t be testing one in the Bulldog unless it’s sent to me on loan.

As mentioned we have now moved over the Vittorazi Evo 100. It’s not as punchy as the Thor 100 (down by 3-4kg of thrust) but is pushing my 97kg ass around the sky at an average of 3.1ltrs an hour (on my trusty Nucleon 31), compared to 5.3ltr on the Thor. And the Evo weighs over 1kg less. For best results I would put a ceiling weight of 90kg pilot on a correct sized reflex wing for this engine (level/climb flight on speedbar)

It pains me to be negative about products, but I won’t make excuses for others.

Bulldog not Bullshit.

I have owned both of these machines I started my paramotoring adventure off on a Parajet Macro and now fly a Bulldog Moster.

The Parajet was a superbly built machine which took its fair share of knocks I loved the machine it was powerful easy to start loved the electric start build quality was excellent down side on the early Macro was poor fuel consumption and awful harness and heavy.

Parajet customer service is second to none led by Jim a great bunch of folk.

I now fly the Bulldog Moster and I love this machine there is so much more than meets the eye.

The frame breaks down into a bow and arrow style bag the fuel tank is detachable the pull starter parks with a magnet onto the harness for easy retrieval the harness is a work of art no more oh I'm sorry it's a medium so it will not fit you (Clive deserves a pat on the back for that).

When considering a Bulldog don't discount the Moster version I know it's not got a clutch but it starts so easy on your back and the power and fuel consumption are fantastic.

Both company's are in England so the back up service and parts availability should be first class which ever one you choose I don't think you will be disappointed with.