Bulldog Vs Parajet

firefly

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to start my paramotor training in the spring and am trying to decide which motor to get.

I've done loads of research, and read lots of opinions on here and have narrowed it down to either a Bulldog with a polini engine, or a Parajet Volution 2 Compact with the new XT engine.

Im around 70kg, want something British built, with a reliable back up service as I'm useless with spanners!

And not too expensive too!

Any comments would be welcome. :lol:

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks Simon,

I believe parajets are your speciality, so I appreciate that. Any reason? I saw a good review on footflyer.com of the XT.

Other key factors are:

Noise

Harness comfort

Weight

Practicality

Build quality

Reliability

Ease of transportation

Torque

I'm sure there's others that I've missed!

Cheers,

Nick

Its a bit odd that your comparing a high hang point macine with a low hang point???

If i was you i would get some lessons and then try the different machine's before you shed out your hard earned cash..

High hang and low hang need a slightly different launching technique. Some people don't like high hang others love em..

Its a bit odd that your comparing a high hang point macine with a low hang point???

If i was you i would get some lessons and then try the different machine's before you shed out your hard earned cash..

High hang and low hang need a slightly different launching technique. Some people don't like high hang others love em..

As he has not started training yet it makes no difference to him if it is high or low hang point as he has no preference and will be taught accordingly.

People only have preferences due to previous experience or more often from what their instructor teaches with.

Pete

Edited by Guest

Just how much real difference is there between high and low?

The pilots with experience tend to prefer the low, is that right?

Is this `cos they`re more responsive to pilot input (and turbulence!)?

When i eventually get flying my main concern will be stability,confidence and ease of control.....

I will throw this in the mix. Having flown high J, low weight shift (frame offset and bars offset), mid to high soft shoulder hook ins and S arm Swan necks.

I can honestly say now that S arm (swan neck) weight shift is my favorite. It has the stability of a higher hang machine but the handling and weight shift of a low hang machine. It's all round better compromise in every way.

There are specifics, it has to be offset weight shift to eliminate the torque. I have flown this setup on the Zenith and the titanium AirConception. I have seen it on miniplane WS also but not flown that.

Low hangpoint is ok if the weight shift arms are bent nicely to avoid your arm pits otherwise you get bruises on flare. But to get bent arms the offset is usually in the frame and this is not quite as good for compensating torque effect. Low weight shift generally suffers more pitching movements.

High weight shift gives you a large seat, feels to big for some but the larger people like them. It's a bit dead to fly with limited weight shift. It's fine to launch but not as nice as low or mid. I would be scepticle of lots of power to weight with high hang points. High is good for landing flare but not so nice for cruising in flight flying like an ape.

These are why I find mid level my new favorite.

Stable, good flare, good in flight, ample weight shift, easy under the arm, I feel zero torque effect and can fly strait at full power.

I will throw this in the mix. Having flown high J, low weight shift (frame offset and bars offset), mid to high soft shoulder hook ins and S arm Swan necks.

I can honestly say now that S arm (swan neck) weight shift is my favorite. It has the stability of a higher hang machine but the handling and weight shift of a low hang machine. It's all round better compromise in every way.

There are specifics, it has to be offset weight shift to eliminate the torque. I have flown this setup on the Zenith and the titanium AirConception. I have seen it on miniplane WS also but not flown that.

Low hangpoint is ok if the weight shift arms are bent nicely to avoid your arm pits otherwise you get bruises on flare. But to get bent arms the offset is usually in the frame and this is not quite as good for compensating torque effect. Low weight shift generally suffers more pitching movements.

High weight shift gives you a large seat, feels to big for some but the larger people like them. It's a bit dead to fly with limited weight shift. It's fine to launch but not as nice as low or mid. I would be scepticle of lots of power to weight with high hang points. High is good for landing flare but not so nice for cruising in flight flying like an ape.

These are why I find mid level my new favorite.

Stable, good flare, good in flight, ample weight shift, easy under the arm, I feel zero torque effect and can fly strait at full power.

Well you must sit low in the harness as I have never had bruises or any trouble with low hang point on full flare!!

None of my comments were based soley on my experience. It's a shared view from others I have asked. My own original Custom Air could bruise your right under arm. Pap can bruise under your arm. I'm 6'2 and would expect anyone shorter to suffer more than me.

Im 5-10 flown pap. parajet and a few others and have never suffered from this, OR are talking about bruises from the risers on forward launches ??