Island hopping?

Has anyone braved the 12 overwater miles to Lundy Island by paramotor? I've seen the excellent video of guys flying to the IoW but are there any other islands that anyone has flown to recently that involve a healthy dose of time overwater?

........Thorney Island and Anglesey don't count, and nor does the Isle of Thanet!!

France and Ireland sound like fairly hardcore overwater stretches. I can only imagine how finely tuned you become to engine note!

Luke- I know Lundy has a 400 mtr strip and a pub which sounds ideal to me.

Scilly Isles could be worth a shot, altho if you miss it's fairly long haul to the next bit a land. Touch and go on the Wolf Rock lighthouse... The possibilities are endless! :)

Ireland (Island) to mainland UK is only 12.75miles at Torr Head, Antrim - to the Mull of Kintyre. As you are in Northern Ireland and withing the Scottish FIR it would not be classed as an international flight.

Not that far- but a back up plan would be needed for any over water attempt- organise a follower boat if you are thinking of doing anything like this, and make sure that it can keep up with your speed.

France and Ireland sound like fairly hardcore overwater stretches. I can only imagine how finely tuned you become to engine note!

Luke- I know Lundy has a 400 mtr strip and a pub which sounds ideal to me.

Scilly Isles could be worth a shot, altho if you miss it's fairly long haul to the next bit a land. Touch and go on the Wolf Rock lighthouse... The possibilities are endless! :)