Revo2 WTS.

Steve

It occurred to me when I was skimming through the video of yesterday's flight that I have never used the velcro WTS system on my Revo2. I always just hook my finger through the line or the WTS line but never use the 'handle'. So the logical next thought is why have it there at all - part of my pre-flight is to check the knot and regularly keep a paranoid eye on it during flight to make sure it hasn't slipped - completely pointless if it doesn't need to be there. I'm a bit late to the party on the Paramania WTS debate but it never dawned on me that I wasn't using the tab handles (sounds a bit dumb but they had become kind of invisible through lack of use).

https://www.vimeo.com/53529490

It occurred to me when I was skimming through the video of yesterday's flight that I have never used the velcro WTS system on my Revo2. I always just hook my finger through the line or the WTS line but never use the 'handle'. So the logical next thought is why have it there at all - part of my pre-flight is to check the knot and regularly keep a paranoid eye on it during flight to make sure it hasn't slipped - completely pointless if it doesn't need to be there. I'm a bit late to the party on the Paramania WTS debate but it never dawned on me that I wasn't using the tab handles (sounds a bit dumb but they had become kind of invisible through lack of use).

https://www.vimeo.com/53529490

I just took them off, used to grad the line, bit harder on a high hangpoint motor I would presume :D

You presume correctly. While the brake handles are easy to reach the little tip steering toggles are definitely a reach for me. There is no way I can reach the stabilo lines to pull them.

Guess if I had a low hangpoint harness I'd take them off but I don't. Of course, then I'd have to adjust my brakes up or they would be too low.

You can move the tip toggles to wherever you would like them :-)

Slide the knot down the line and re position the ajustable parking magnet to a lower place. Ground handle it and check that its adjusted correctly before you fly it. If in doubt take it to your dealer.

This is the reason for the prussic knot as I understand it.

SW :D