Superb video and tandem?!

Truely incredible video, and a question below it, thought i'd create only one thread to keep my threads down :)

Firstly here is the video! Incredible flying through the clouds with a great finale!

And my question is about Tandem. I've obviously Haven't flown yet, which made me think about tandeming... Firstly does anyone do this? and how much would it cost for me to have a go? and when I do get my wing and motor, would it be a daft idea to get a motor and wing big enough to do tandem.... or should i gain experience first?

Thank you

Mike

:wingover:

Truely incredible video, and a question below it, thought i'd create only one thread to keep my threads down :)

Firstly here is the video! Incredible flying through the clouds with a great finale!

And my question is about Tandem. I've obviously Haven't flown yet, which made me think about tandeming... Firstly does anyone do this? and how much would it cost for me to have a go? and when I do get my wing and motor, would it be a daft idea to get a motor and wing big enough to do tandem.... or should i gain experience first?

Thank you

Mike

:wingover:

I do it with a few select pilots that know what they are doing due to the danger of falling over/sitting down early on take off.

I would say the best thing is to meet up one day and have a chat about it.

The kit we would need to talk about as You need a powerful machine which is not ideal for a new pilot unless you fully understand how to use the power when flying solo.

You will need two wings solo and tandem.

Pm me if you want or call 0770 338 1197

Pete

Just wanting to bring this back up again about tandeming. I hav'nt rang anyone yet, as im just curious for when I've done my training and getting one myself. I have a few friends and a brother and dad that are very interested in flying, and would like to see what its like, and wondered if they could tandem with me. Pete, you mentioned I'd need two wings? Would it be a daft idea buying a large motor, and a small wing for solo, then getting a tandem wing, but using the same motor? With no flying hours of a Paramotor? If i can, then i think my brother and possibly my dad would go half and half and get a wing for tandem use. Anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Mike

PS: thanks for the numbers, but trying to keep it open, as I dont want to annoy anyone with a daft question like this :)

To be honest I wouldnt even think about trying to take people tandem at this stage, I'm a new pilot and to be honest it's hard enough getting everything right and launching solo, I think it would take a lot of experience and an awful lot of takeoffs and landings and flying hours I would imagine the guys doing tandem flights have years of experience, I would just concentrate on getting yourself airborne for now.

You could always find somewhere that does tandem and get them a gift voucher, also if they buy a tandem wing now you may find when you come to use it there's new technology about etc I'd wait until your totally ready for any equipment, I made the mistake when I started I got excited and rushed out and bought a rad Paramotor months and months before I was ready or even new anything, turned out it was shite and no good for me so I sold it lost money and bought a brand new parajet.

No worries, I would say if you can pick a cheap ground handling wing up and start doing a bit with that it will help you massively, you don't really want to be crashing a £2000 wing into the ground when your learning, and it will get dragged a fair bit when your starting out you should be able to get a ground handling wing for no more than £200.