Noob! Well... Kinda

Hey everyone! My name is Barrett. I'm totally new to the sport of paramotors and was interested in learning from you guys and I have tons of questions!

A little about me first:

I am a licensed commercial pilot in the USA with a couple of thousand flight hours under my belt, and I fly as First Officer on a Citation XLS. I have a fairly good understanding of aerodynamics, weather, flight planning, and everything that goes along with fixed wing flying. I am also a CFI/CFII/AGI/AGII with close to 500 hours of dual instruction given and 100% pass rate on the students I have signed off for their private/commercial pilots license.

A friend of mine made the suggestion amongst our group to all go in together to buy a paramotor that we can all use and enjoy. So basically I'm hoping you all can help me get started and point me in the right direction of where I need to go to get training (in south Louisiana) and what type paramotor I should be looking into buying (I know there is a specific canopy for training). Any help will be much appreciated!

Blue skies and tailwinds!

Barrett

Hi Barrett

and Welcome to the Forum! Great to see you want to join paramotoring and you will find plenty of information here! I'll take a look for you to find some instructors in your area as I think the majority of this site are based in the Uk. But will get back to you on this :) Feel free to either start posting as much questions on here, or even start a new thread, we are happy to help :D

Thanks and enjoy!

Mike

I found the same thing, there seems to be more paragliding in the US rather than paramotoring, unless you class Dell Schanze as a good Paramotor pilot? Don't get me started :L I've got some free time at the moment, so i will get surfing the net for you, and will pm you with any instructors I find.

Mike