Dan.p new v5 powick 2day.

jock

Love the V5 Dan ..

They sound so nice compared to the two stroke.

Richard your comment made me laugh, did u get up Jock ?

I had a 20 local flight this afternoon, wasn't the best conditions but needed my fix after flying everyday in Spain last week.

Dan out of interest your landing on the video, did you slow the wing right up on the trimmers when you came in ?

^ thanks, i'll check but its fresh from bailey and was tested prior to pick up. I'm going to have good look over it today after its first flight.

@carlwarren i never come in full slow on the trimmers. I like a bit of speed in case its lumpy on landing. I messed up the approach and got all muddled up, it was getting active over the field and i hit a load of sink as i was coming into the field so i left the motor on, coming across the field i got lift, looked like i was set up to get where i wanted, killed the motor, i let go of the brake toggle to drop the throttle to take a wrap but couldnt drop the sodding thing, then had to find the brake toggle again just as i dropped out of the lifty bit, kind of panicked pulled a little brake when i found the toggle, hit sink and messed the flair as i didnt have my usual wrap and was a bit confused!

It wasn't my finest hour yesterday at all. I was struggling a bit as i am so used to my old motor. Strange how you get procedures dialled in. Like setting up to go, i usualy pick up the risers start engine and go, now because its a manual start i have to start engine pick up risers and go, sounds like a simple change but i did struggle. not helped by the infamous 360 powick wind lottery.

The motors nice though, i like it. Its down on power compared to the cruiser, and i do have to get used the manual start, i tried a restart in flight and it was fine, pretty easy. It does feel good in flight, you can feel the air nicely and its comfy, i like the shape of the arms. Only problem that wasn't caused by me was the throttle, it was spinning, the rubber bit over the handle that holds the strap needs fixing,the lever can turn away from your hand and your fingers cant reach it! Quite alarming when you pull the wing up and start to run but cant get your fingers on the lever. This is why i couldnt get the throttle out of my hand when i landed, i had pulled the strap quite tight to try to stop it spinning. Couple more flights and i should have it all sorted.

I'm sure you will get used to it Dan. I started mark Morgan's v5 on my back and was amazed at how easy it was to start. I think it's actually easier than pulling a 200 Thor ..

I also have a Gin Airflex and if I come in on full slow its got absolutely no energy in the wing. I now come in on about 30mm past neutral like yourself i feel so much more in control.

^ yeah, it gets real floaty with the trimmers all the way in. Great for wide gentle thermals though, i mostly fly from TO to Neutral. Its a great wing, i love it. How do you find yours?

I was surprised how easy the v5 was to start, like i said, apart from the throttle twisting the only issues were all my fault. I was flooding it, i was blipping the throttle to squirt the carb before pulling the starter (i should of only done that from cold the first time) stupid realy as I ride bikes, ive had 2 stroke and 4 stroke trials and crossers and have a ktm road bike. I just went a bit daft in all the excitement.

Only thing I don't like is the straps that go from the shoulder buckles through the harness to the frame, bit of a faf, i just pulled them in about half way from full slack? I'm hoping the manual will shed a bit of light when its released.

Mate Mark Morgan is your man when it comes to anything V5 ... He's on here under MORGY

He'll give you some tips for the harness, he'll most likely contact you after reading this.

I've noticed you have the new plastic tank.

My Airfex is a lovely wing ... P*ss easy to take off and land as long as I keep above neutral on landing.

I have the 28 and although I'm in weight I wish it was smaller.. I feel like I'm swinging around under the wing when I actually want the wing to roll around me. If that makes sence :shock:

I'm not really in to thermal flying and much prefer morning and evening flights. I like being in control lol.

I'd feel a bit cheeky asking Morgy for help as I didn't buy the motor from him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind but it is a bit out of order. I think Bailey have been very busy with V5 orders, they don't have frame bags in yet and the manual is still to arrive.

I have the 26 and I find it perfect (I'm 80k). It rolls nice for me, but not stupidly in normal use. I realy like thermal flying, and I find the Airflex thermals realy well, its easy to core in on the lift and I get nice feedback from it, its not quite as sweet as my freeflight wing which has a bit more finesse and feels lighter (Sol Synergy 4), the Synergy turns a bit flatter. I find the Airflex great for the flying I like to do with he motor.