Frame bags and prop bags

The shame about Parajet is that they do not supply prop or frame bags as standard.

Ive dropped my frame 3 times now chipped it and I haven't even started the motor for the first time...such lousy weather!

Where can I get such bags at a reasonable price or is there something that is not made for it but suits fine??

Thanks for any help :D

david

I made my own prop covers (that work whether the prop is on the machine or off). It's simply some pipe lagging cut open on one side, cut to length, slid over the prop (one on each side), some gaffer tape on the end and some elastic in the middle. It pulls off and slides on really easily and protects the prop very well. They have lasted about 9 months so far are still fine.

prop1.jpg

prop2.jpg

Have also made something similar for the cage but it's too much trouble to use. Taking the cage sections off and wrapping them in a blanket then a couple of bungie cords around the blanket works for me.

The shame about Parajet is that they do not supply prop or frame bags as standard.

Ive dropped my frame 3 times now chipped it and I haven't even started the motor for the first time...such lousy weather!

Where can I get such bags at a reasonable price or is there something that is not made for it but suits fine??

Thanks for any help :D

david

I had a friend make some for the macro but with the cost of the cudura no one wanted to pay the price. (except for a couple who were more than happy with what they got)

Rigger has had some made for the macro.

If you contact him I'm sure he will give you the contact.

They was very good quality too.

Stevie, off subject, how are you finding the polini on a macro cage? Is it a 100 or 200 ?

I currently have a volution with the Parajet engine.

I was planing on upgrading to a zenith, but after spending a lot of time with pilots that have one I've been put off.

What is the 'true' dry weight of the macro with polini 200 with harness and prop ?

Cheers

C

Stevie, off subject, how are you finding the polini on a macro cage? Is it a 100 or 200 ?

I was planing on upgrading to a zenith, but after spending a lot of time with pilots that have one I've been put off.

What is the 'true' dry weight of the macro with polini 200 with harness and prop ?

It's the 100, It's okay. I considered the 200 but it had only just been released and the 100 had the bugs worked out of it so I went for that. My previous machine was the mkI Volution, this feels better, is much lighter and has plenty of thrust for how I fly. The harness is very good but it isn't as comfortable as the Volution Sup'air harness, but is much more adjustable. Do miss the eletric starter sometimes. Biggest issue I've had has been getting the motor running right - I've rejetted it five times and got it good now, it runs better in the lower revs and mid range plus oil no longer streams out of the exhaust joints. They do seem to come out of the Polini factory jetted very rich, perhaps on purpose.

What's put you off the Zenith?

It's the 100, It's okay. I considered the 200 but it had only just been released and the 100 had the bugs worked out of it so I went for that. My previous machine was the mkI Volution, this feels better, is much lighter and has plenty of thrust for how I fly. The harness is very good but it isn't as comfortable as the Volution Sup'air harness, but is much more adjustable. Do miss the eletric starter sometimes. Biggest issue I've had has been getting the motor running right - I've rejetted it five times and got it good now, it runs better in the lower revs and mid range plus oil no longer streams out of the exhaust joints. They do seem to come out of the Polini factory jetted very rich, perhaps on purpose.

What's put you off the Zenith?

The fact they are so flimsy and you need a good 20min to put it together.

And that 20 min is generous.

I want to find out the dry weight of a macro/polini 200 complete.

I do like my supair harness too.

Decisions decisions.

I spent two days with some Zeniths writing the manual and it didn't seem bad, certainly was a lot quicker on day 2, just got easier with familiarity (I worked with Dean Eldridge on day 1 and he swears by his). I guess the ideal thing is to have a van big enough to just put it in fully assembled. Flimsy isn't something that came to mind at all.

Don't Parajet publish the weight? I trust them not to publish BS. Have you called them?

Oh, the agony of choice.

Cheers

C

Im the one that supplied Riggers

:D

Cheers

C

Im the one that supplied Riggers

:D

And great they are 2, wouldn't be without them... :D:D:D