Pick ups --BASE

skymad69

Cheers Dan!

To everyone else, I appreciate the concern.

Come on guys, talking like Paramotoring has no risk at all??

We'll be taking all the precautions, not as if we haven't jumped before.. we both have 4000+ jumps, Launching from a decline then off a cliff high enough to get off even if we don't climb

I think when we wing suit from a cliff is more dangerous than doing a pick up. Everyone is on the edge of their seat when they watch it, I don't know anyone that doesn't like watching it and totally excepted all around the world now

This is how new crazy sports are born!

We have enough experience to do it, so we are still going to do it

8 weeks to go! :wink::lol:

Like it dan.

No doubt the first time someone said they want to fly under a bit of fabric with no structure, and do so by strapping a big fan on their back, they were shunned and questioned.

Without these peeps we would posting on a knitting forum!!

Ye it's dangerouse but some people only feel alive when they risk not being!

Every one on this forum is half way there anyway as 75% of people I've spoken to about my flying (just flying a paramotor with no tricks or stunts) think I'm crazy.

As long as they can at worst only hurt them selves then let the fun beggin!

Ps. I'd like to see the vid

Base-jumping, dangling from a rope that high up both frighten the beejeezus out of me. Now the thought of Superdell on the other end of the rope......

+1 wanting to see the video BTW, have an awesome time.

Incidentally I can be a bit of a rule pigeon normally but I really can't see why dropping of meat bombs from de-regulated aircraft in a safe area should be illegal. The average meat bomber is a darn sight more safety conscious than the average de-regulated aircraft flyer I'd guess.

• 1 month later...

I recon P1 should be at the min or just below....

Followed by the P2.

A tandem wing solo would work but be scary for the P1 after load has been deployed.

A Solo Wing would be scary for the P2 and the motor after P2 had been collected.

SW :D

Simon.

I understand what happens when a wing is overloaded with regards to its change in flight characteristics but what do you mean by scary when it's so underloaded. Am I right in thinking its very floaty and prone to collapse.

Cheers Lee

Very prone, like when you ground handle on a very light wind day.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys been on holidays.

POZ -I got the PWK carby, I find the fuel economy to be great! I'm 81kg, I had the Membrane carby on my Thor 110 and thought it was a pain in the arse! so I'm glad I went to the float carby

I have a medium size ITV wing, i thought it was a 24m but it actually a 26m so that's :dive: a little better I guess.

I'm still running it in for another 2 more hours then will start to organise the BASE jump, its going to be a pick up from the top of a 400ft hill in case of us unable to climb and only a level flight. (which I don't think that will happen) Thor 200 has enough power

Here's a little clip of the Zenith 200: Paramotoring starts at 2:30 minutes in, just a bit of skydiving at the start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFzh4FEg9QU

Cheers! :dive::wingover: