Is PPG safe?

Michaelt

Hi everyone,

I was told this is one of the most safe and easy way to fly, but are there any statistics? How many people in the Uk fly Paramotors? and how many end up injured or killed compared to people who fly microlights and planes? Just wondering so i can pass this on to my parents, to reinsure, or completely put them off the idea :)

Thanks

Mike

hm.. thanks?? :L

its as safe as you make it, modern kit is very safe and not inclined to cause you any trouble providing you fly it within the parameters for wich it was designed.

Look into most PPG accidents and you will find most are due to bad judgement or pilot error.

Like any pursuit in life it has its risks, but statisticly you are more likely to have an accident driving to your take off site than flying a paramotor.

I think there is one important thing to take to account when you discuss safety regarding this sport. Compared to many other sports ppg have the advantage that you control the very much of the safety level yourself. So statistics can't really show the picture, it is strongly dependent on yourself, your ability and mentality.

As long as you choose to fly in good condition with good equipment and don't do anything risky then there is little chance anything bad will happen. I mean there are no dears or other wild animals that can suddenly smash right in your glider (like if you where using a bike). There are not much of random accidents, usually always pilot errors. Equipment failure that could make you drop out of the sky is very rare.

But the sport also have the potential to be dangerous. It can be very unforgiving in case you choose to do more advanced maneuvers that you can handle or choose to fly in conditions or places that are getting sketchy. Sometimes it only takes a second of error to smash you into the ground if you don't know what you are doing. It can be a wolf in sheep's clothing. It is considered a risk sport for a reason.

So if you are a risk taker or try to push the limits to far then you're in the red zone, or if you are not willing to learn what to avoid and why.

If you are sensible guy that learns how to fly properly and within safe margins and is consistent with that then your fine.

good luck. You'll be experience stuff other dream of.

Personally I just can't have enough of those nice flights when you fly high over a region and the landscape opens up to you, the sun is setting and that lovely lights spreads over the fields. I use good in ear headphones that cancel out almost all of the noise and I only hear a slight brrr from the motor and mostly just my favorite music. Very nice and relaxing. Or when I then suddenly decide to go low and foot drag over a field and then continue onwards. Or do a few sharp turns to feel the g force. yummi yummi

Edited by Guest

Thanks ,

I never thought of plugging in, can picture it now.. slowly flying over the flat land of lincolnshire with the sun setting with coldplay slowing playing in the background :L aha

Thats not to bad i guess, so how many people actually do fly PPG in the Uk?

Thanks

Mike

yes and no :L

Yes because its a big bill, but no if you conside the costs of a NPPL or PPL, just a thought :L

But i was reading a thread about pricings of this, and someone mentioned about how they are exspensive fof what they are, which i thought was a good point, and im wonderin why no chinese company has produced them much cheaper yet?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:fail: A Powered Paraglide (PPG) Trice is additionally an adaptable winged, ultra light vehicle a constrained scope of movement intended to keep the wing inside of safe flying rates. It is more secure than flying in little planes or riding bikes however not as protected as driving an auto. One purpose behind the great security record is that most issues will keep the pilot from effectively taking off.