Strobes

shaggydec

Hi Guys & Girls...

New machine arriving shortly...

Need to fit 1 or 2 strobes as i fly with the RAF ever present. I previously fitted an Avionics Strobe ... could nt fault the brightness , but the one screw fitting was rubbish . If you tighten too much , which you need to , it cracks the casing...then it gets messy when the Gripfill comes out ! The light is a good product , just too heavy and cumbersome for one screw to hold .

Anyway , has anyone tried LED lights ? Im getting a Polini Thor with no battery . I dont want them for show , they ve got to be good .

Macey told me some were fitted to his mates machine , but dont know the make ?

I fitted the Avionics to the top of the cage , so that it could be seen 360degrees , but sometimes it got caught in the lines . Would really like something smaller , more compact .

Any ideas? Cheers :)

Hi I don't know of this helps but have you had a look at the strobes used for diving. It's been a good few years since I've done it but I had one that was small, very bright and battery powered. Very tough casing on them to with stand pressure and could be set to alternate colour and pulse rate. Only problem would possibly be fixing as they usually come either on a clip or lanyard.

Cheers Lee.

Hi Guys & Girls...

New machine arriving shortly...

Need to fit 1 or 2 strobes as i fly with the RAF ever present. I previously fitted an Avionics Strobe ... could nt fault the brightness , but the one screw fitting was rubbish . If you tighten too much , which you need to , it cracks the casing...then it gets messy when the Gripfill comes out ! The light is a good product , just too heavy and cumbersome for one screw to hold .

Anyway , has anyone tried LED lights ? Im getting a Polini Thor with no battery . I dont want them for show , they ve got to be good .

Macey told me some were fitted to his mates machine , but dont know the make ?

I fitted the Avionics to the top of the cage , so that it could be seen 360degrees , but sometimes it got caught in the lines . Would really like something smaller , more compact .

Any ideas? Cheers :)

Shaggy....

They were the micro avionics twin head teardrop strobes, he mounted to top of frame and routed cabling within the tubing and fitted the control unit in his harness pocket... Proper aircraft strobe so no worries about suitability, just whether they work for you in your particular cage.

Good luck!