Ben Nevis area: why we fly

The notes on that Youtube video say;

"Park |anywhere", "All in a flying machine that fits in the back of a car, and allows me to park up and take off and fly from any flat field in about 5 minutes!"

..but is the reality really as simple as that?

Most folk on here seem to fly from a designated field that has been acquired especially for the purpose or that`s shared & rented by a group from a landowner, requiring quite a bit of planning/forethought/travelling to do some flying.

Kinda` removes some of the potential spontaneity of PPg`s doesn`t it, especially when a window of opportunty (weather) becomes available at short notice?

Not knocking anyone here, just trying to get a feel for what`s possible....

"Park |anywhere", "All in a flying machine that fits in the back of a car, and allows me to park up and take off and fly from any flat field in about 5 minutes!"

Most folk on here seem to fly from a designated field that has been acquired especially for the purpose or that`s shared & rented by a group from a landowner, requiring quite a bit of planning/forethought/travelling to do some flying.

Kinda` removes some of the potential spontaneity of PPg`s doesn`t it, especially when a window of opportunty (weather) becomes available at short notice?

Never found it a problem for me when I've been touring scotland.

I usually spot a suitable field, and just ask the closest house or tractor driver, etc if it's ok. I've never had one say anything other than - go for it and can I watch.

Also, you have a legal 'right to roam' in scotland which arguably could cover you anyway - so if no people to ask, no crops to damage and no animals to scare you'd be very very very unlucky to come across someone who would complain if you just set up and went for it anyway.

stu

Never found it a problem for me when I've been touring scotland.

I usually spot a suitable field, and just ask the closest house or tractor driver, etc if it's ok. I've never had one say anything other than - go for it and can I watch.

Also, you have a legal 'right to roam' in scotland which arguably could cover you anyway - so if no people to ask, no crops to damage and no animals to scare you'd be very very very unlucky to come across someone who would complain if you just set up and went for it anyway.

stu

Right to roam... the best of all the Scottish laws! :-)

During the tip to tip and the Flight for heroes its fair to say that we had far less agro in Scotland than anywhere else.

SW :D