One piece of advice for a training pilot...

Dear All,

Come on then, you've all earned your stripes, BHPA, Independent, or all on your own but you must all have one snippet of inside knowledge that you've found invaluable in your paramotoring career, so please share it to enhance my experience.

Many thanks,

Craig.

The thing that I remember the most from my training as an aid was.....

If it goes left, you go left, you pull left. If it goes right, you go right, you pull right.

That one simple thing helped me to master the ground work.

I could inject loads here but I will let others post as this is one we can all learn from. :-) Good post!

SW :D

When ground handling don't try too hard just relax and think what you are doing, the wing wants to fly and will let you know which way it wants you to go to keep flying.

Treat it like a nice woman every thing smooth and gentle.

Pete

(Sorry thats 2 things so I will have to delete one) :lol:

After checking bolts on your machine get some bright nail varnish and put a dab on the bolt and a dab on a fixed point next to the bolt you will always see if bolts are working loose.My favourite colour is cerise pink.

My most valuable to date is put the small stuff bag that comes with most wings and put it in a pocket on your machine so if you land out you can safely pack your wing away.

After checking bolts on your machine get some bright nail varnish and put a dab on the bolt and a dab on a fixed point next to the bolt you will always see if bolts are working loose.My favourite colour is cerise pink.

I do that on my prop bolts, my daughter's nail varnish is glittery magenta which looks very pretty.

As the old guy said to me ten years ago sat on the hill waiting for the wind to make an apperance

HE SAYS,, you,ll can sit up hear all day lad waiting wondering when to fly

But the most important bit of eqiupment to let you down is the one between your bloody ears

in his broad rochdale accent never forgot it as it says that covers every thing

Ten years later no crashes no broken props or bent cage never forget it!!!!!

Keep a 100ml bottle of Oil in your harness for any "land out" refuels

( don't give it to the farmer, he wont be impressed ) :D

Expect your engine to die at ALL times, and pick out your landing fields in advance.

Or the old classics..

When you start out in aviation, you have two buckets.

One full of luck, and one empty of experience.

The trick is to fill up the bucket of experience before you run out of luck

Pick your flying windows carefully.

Its better to be down here wishing you were up there.

Than to be up there wishing you were down here.

Oh and.....Watch or listen to Super Dell Sanchez with a really big pinch of salt.

Colin B

Out of interest, I just spell checked this post and I didn't have to ignore "Dell Sanchez"

Is this a windows update? :?

Take every oppertunity possible to build up credits with the wife.

Ha ha, good advice, I've already started getting all the jobs done that have needed doing forever in preparation for next year.

In all honesty though she is very cool about it & maybe interested herself at some point!

never ever show off.

Good advice Geoff, read something earlier about accidents in paramotoring & in all cases they were very experienced pilots who were doing things that they knew were dangerous or pushing their machines beyond the limits of it's capabilities.