Who's the Daddy?

craigs

Dear All,

Have done quite a lot of looking at ppg's s & I'm aspiring to getting some kit next March then upgrading when I'm fully up & running, well practiced & knowledgeable in a few years time.

As far as I can see the Flat top is the absolute daddy of ppg but I think (that's think not know) that Bailey also look pretty pretty good.

So ladies & gents, I'm sure that another can o' worms has now been opened but what is THE Daddy ppg machine to aspire to?

PS - Simon - I will contribute to this marvellous website soon........

Cheers,

Craig.

I dont aspire to own it :-)

I have it ! :-) a Parajet. :-)

As I often say on this forum, its very much a personal thing for people... my reasons are that I love the kit, it 'fits' me and my flying style, the people in the company are a cool bunch of people who actually fly loads, and they will always do there best to look after you.

All in the pot... that's why I fly a Parajet. :-)

SW :D

I'd say Parajet, especially 'cos of their customer support which I've experienced on more than on occasion. However, I hear nothing but good comments about Bailey and Bulldog too.

Careful what you believe when you see videos and reports about Flat Top from American superheroes.

horses for courses mate, most people have a couple of motors before they really feel comfortable with a machine/brand, its no different than choosing a wing, get what YOU feel comfortable with, thats what counts.

Agreed try before you buy and ask around.

What do you consider to be "light enough" for a top 80 Gordon ? I flew one at 16 stone with a small apco thrust. A surprising motor with a 130 prop I do say.

Flat Top ? You probably wont need that much power but the slightly tamer Moster Ninja is lighter by 4 kilos under the 200 Simonini model@24.5 kilos. I've had both since 2008 and never broke a prop. They do keep you guarded from the prop very well !!!! Try one first. UKPPG (Nigel) has a demo I think. If you like it, you probably wont worry about where it comes from or who makes it.

Couple I've liked the look of lately are the Nirvana Instinct and the Parajet Zenith 200 Thor. So if you buy my Flat Top Ninja those are the 2 I'd spend your money on !

Good luck

Dave

horses for courses mate, most people have a couple of motors before they really feel comfortable with a machine/brand, its no different than choosing a wing, get what YOU feel comfortable with, thats what counts.

Now if we're talkin wings then I love my Revo2... but I guess that's another thread... Lol

Now if we're talkin wings then I love my Revo2... but I guess that's another thread... Lol

But I love my Gin Airflex more ...

What do you consider to be "light enough" for a top 80 Gordon ? I flew one at 16 stone with a small apco thrust. A surprising motor with a 130 prop I do say.

Flat Top ? You probably wont need that much power but the slightly tamer Moster Ninja is lighter by 4 kilos under the 200 Simonini model@24.5 kilos. I've had both since 2008 and never broke a prop. They do keep you guarded from the prop very well !!!! Try one first. UKPPG (Nigel) has a demo I think. If you like it, you probably wont worry about where it comes from or who makes it.

Couple I've liked the look of lately are the Nirvana Instinct and the Parajet Zenith 200 Thor. So if you buy my Flat Top Ninja those are the 2 I'd spend your money on !

Good luck

Dave

Wow! Thought that anything over 90kgs would be pushing it.... but hadn't thought of the 130cm prop- you can also configure the the machine at time of order with different gearboxes to suit- so I guess you can get more out of them. They also offer high or low hangpoints on the Miniplane, which is another advantage.

GD