A fly in next to a pub... :) Sheffield Sep 14-16 2012

outkast

From Jason at hull:

Hi everyone

I'm putting a trip together to return to Sheffield to fly Ladybower dam, famous for the bombing tests of the 617 squadron of the dam busters crew.

Dates 14th September/16th September. I have arranged camping at the Sportsman Inn at Lodge Moor sheffield, The take off site is 1000 feet above sea level and has fantastic veiws over the peak district there is also a free flying site just a few miles up the road.

The Sportman inn cooks really good home made food and beer to die for, camping is free all weekend as last time all I ask is just buy a few beers over the weekend at the bar.

Come on Boys and Girls this is a great weekend not to be missed.

anyone intrested please post on this thread so I can put some numbers together.

Cheers,

sounds just up my street mate, unfortunately its not, I am am hundreds of miles away, otherwise I would have been all over this like a rash, safe flying :D

From Jason at hull:

Hi everyone

I'm putting a trip together to return to Sheffield to fly Ladybower dam, famous for the bombing tests of the 617 squadron of the dam busters crew.

Dates 14th September/16th September. I have arranged camping at the Sportsman Inn at Lodge Moor sheffield, The take off site is 1000 feet above sea level and has fantastic veiws over the peak district there is also a free flying site just a few miles up the road.

The Sportman inn cooks really good home made food and beer to die for, camping is free all weekend as last time all I ask is just buy a few beers over the weekend at the bar.

Cheers,

sounds just up my street mate, unfortunately its not, I am am hundreds of miles away, otherwise I would have been all over this like a rash, safe flying :D

150-200 miles which is not a lot for a good weekend with the guys :D

From Jason at hull:

Hi everyone

Cheers,

I will check my diary :D

can I bring my sock? :wink:

From Jason at hull:

Hi everyone

Cheers,

I will check my diary :D

can I bring my sock? :wink:

As long as I can bring my frilly knickers :wink:

From Jason at hull:

Hi everyone

Cheers,

Any more than 50 miles and the sock gets all tangled up in the steering wheel. Put some pants on and go!

From Jason at hull:

Hi everyone

Cheers,

sounds good to me i will be there weather pending....

Hi Mark, I copied the letter and posted it on another forum but who is Jason and how do we get in touch so he knows numbers - I imagine its so the pub can stock up accordingly, or maybe the poor bloke was just trying to organise a get together for a few mates - might be in for a shock when he arrives and half the worlds there!

Nige

Hi Mark, great to meet you at the Marston Fly-In on Sunday.

I am the guy with the Bulldog Paramotor with the modified prop - the one with 3 inches missing from both ends :cry: . Me & my flying buddy (also called Mark) are planning on getting there on the Saturday night if that is ok. The Google Streetview is just incredible. I'll make sure I have a spare prop with me!

Cheers, John (from Binley Woods)