France

Hi, I'm off to France on Saturday. Can anyone offer any advice regarding where I can get free online airspace and notams shown on airmaps for Europe?

I have looked on the notam link here and although there is some detail for northern France I assume this is not complete? Also Notam info but I can't see it there either.

I would be grateful of any help to ensure I dont infringe any airspace there.

Also anyone know any good sites to visit this time of year in France or Spain for paramotoring / paragliding?

Thanks in advance, blue skies, tight lines, fast landings etc

Jack

Hi Jack,

You don't want to be flying in any of the restricted zones 'cause that's where the fast jets play (when they're not flying in the rest of the airspace :roll: )

You should find plenty of other space to fly in :D

For Notams see http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/ ... r.asp?m=39

then click on the day and time of interest and a new page will open showing where and when the jets are active.

Cheers, Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, I will be avoiding that then for sure; they love there low flying jets over there then, great corridors of restricted airspace for military low flying zig zagged across france.

Whats the flying like in and around Prissac? We have a week and a half so reckon will do a bit of a tour round the country, fly if the wind plays along, staying clear of the pink circles and red strips on the airmap!!

Many thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Just to give you a flavour of the area here are a couple of pics from last evenings flight.

LookingtoChilouet.jpg

The sky was completely clear (and the music was good):

HappyBunny.jpg

If you happen to be near Prissac give me a call, I've sent you a PM,

Cheers, Alan

Hi Jack

Another useful source is http://www.basulm.ffplum.com It is an interactive website showing all the ULM (Microlight) bases in France with all the contact details. It's a bit of a bugger to get your head around at first, but it's good. You can also download a free app called BASULM for Iphones and android phones.

You can buy airmaps at http://www.aiswebshop.eu/france/cartes- ... e.html?p=2

I have found the locals very welcoming as long as you make an effort to make yourself known. There's a long tradition of amateur flying in France and I am always surprised at the warmth of the welcome they give a fellow pilots.

Great flying here in the South West, but be very careful of low flying military aircraft in the middle of the day. I am not in a restricted zone, but often see them.

Safe flying,

Christian

Also anyone know any good sites to visit this time of year in France or Spain for paramotoring / paragliding?

The Pyrenees is good for free flying this time of year (plenty of sites listed on Paragliding Earth), and the Vosges region of France (SE of Nancy) is superb. Some good PPG flying to be had in Belgium (still completely unregulated), but beware of doing any beach flying in the Costa Brava as PPGs are banned in the high season.

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful, that's great. I can see time is going to be the limiting factor on this trip!!

Is there anywhere which has a list of the regulations surrounding flying paramotors within the european countries.

I am aware different countries have different requirements although am not clear exactly on what they are! eg: are wing markings required to be displayed? pilot ratings? etc

Don't want to breach any legal requirements.

Thanks,

Jack

You are welcome to fly as a visiting pilot for up to 90 days on each visit. No registration required.

Bring proof of third party insurance cover but at the local ULM (microlight) sites you are unlikely to be asked for it.

The French just love aviators.

Cheers,

Alan