New Look V5

I was looking at the EC Bailey powered version at the weekend and they have protected there plastic tank with a heat sheild as the early one had heat damage has the V5 got the sheild as i would imagine it would suffer the same as the positions etc are excact!!!!

As per the tank it looks like only 11 ltr's... I thought it was going to be 13...

The 15ltr tank is not available anymore as far as i know... And lets face it do you really need it... I have flown a 165 km FAI triangle on 7.5 kg's with a flight time of 5h20m... Or an average flight time of 4 hours do you want to fly longer than that???

As for the heat issue I can not coment on this as i have not as yet seen one in the flesh but i am collecting next week!!!

BUT "all sold"

Hi Sticky

I think you will find that the switch is now under rather than on the side as some poeple use to complain about hitting the switch whlie in flight.

That was my idea was that :mrgreen:

Any other product testing hints you or Paul require, just ask :wink:

how the hell would anyone knock the kill switch in flight..?

its a full arm stretch behind yourself and up a bit, i think i would have trouble even trying to do it in flight....

The landout I witnessed, the fella had mounted his reserve off the harness on the switch side. It got close enough to push it off in flight...

So there's my next tip, Paul and Morg's.... Fit a dedicated reserve pod like you get on a Kobra for over a grand less than a V5 8)

its a full arm stretch behind yourself and up a bit, i think i would have trouble even trying to do it in flight....

The landout I witnessed, the fella had mounted his reserve off the harness on the switch side. It got close enough to push it off in flight...

So there's my next tip, Paul and Morg's.... Fit a dedicated reserve pod like you get on a Kobra for over a grand less than a V5 8)

but not under the seat, I tried it, it was horrible, so I now have the reserve in front of me :D

hI STICKY

I have personaly hit the on off swtich while thermalling with the cable, Engine off when trying to restart if would not start... After 500ft or 3-4 start cycles i tried the on off switch then it started first time...

If you land out without trying the on off swtch then there is something wrong!!! :roll::wink:

I also have my chute on the right hand side... IF fitted corectly it will NOT hit the kill switch!

No Sticky Over 4 hours is not normal but i was using a natural power source to maintain my flight. Its just a shame one of my angle's was to tight to claim the record.

Nigel your so last year :lol::lol:

As per the tank it looks like only 11 ltr's... I thought it was going to be 13...

The 15ltr tank is not available anymore as far as i know... And lets face it do you really need it... I have flown a 165 km FAI triangle on 7.5 kg's with a flight time of 5h20m... Or an average flight time of 4 hours do you want to fly longer than that???

As for the heat issue I can not coment on this as i have not as yet seen one in the flesh but i am collecting next week!!!

BUT "all sold"

Just been over to Paul Baileys this afternoon, to have the NEW EC-Extreme 45 (Bailey V5) 1st 10 Hour Service.

The New Tank is a 11 and a 1/2 litre tank and is a custom designed Tank by Paul, specifically designed for the V5. A very nice job he has made of it as well. Paul has incorporated an even gap between the exhaust and the tank, (very similar to the EC-Extreme tank design). This allows a nice even and open air flow for the air to get between the tank and the exhaust to keep both the tank and the exhaust cool.

I cannot see any reason why there should be any problems with the tank getting hot from the exhaust, or the exhaust over heating through lack of air flow, what so ever.

The design of the tank, is very clever because the New V5 tank design allows for a nice non obstructed airflow over the bottom of the paramotor chassis as the tank finishes about 9 inches higher than the bottom of the chassis making a large gap at thebottom of the chassis making it more aerodynamic through the air. A great modification with lots of benefits especially when using speed bar.

Regarding the switch, position, yes the switch is now mounted vertically and not through the hole which is a lot safer from being caught by the harness or any lines whilst launching but it is still nicely located for ease of use.

Hope this clarifies a few of the points raised,

Nigel

UKPPG

Bailey Paramotors Main Dealer (E.Anglia)

but not under the seat, I tried it, it was horrible, so I now have the reserve in front of me :D

Thats because you have extra short legs Dave :wink:

Me, on the other hand is built like an overweight giraffe and have no problems.. The extra padding is good for taking the sting out of landing on me arse :shock:

Thats because you have extra short legs Dave :wink:

Me, on the other hand is built like an overweight giraffe and have no problems.. The extra padding is good for taking the sting out of landing on me arse :shock:

Think you are right there mate :D