New motor, Moster or Thor200?

custom-vince

Moster all up at 24kg with 70-75 kg thrust

Or

Polini Thor 200 @ 28kg and 80-85kg thrust

???

Which is better? I guess the Thor 200 is the better motor (smooth) but the moster has really good power to weight.

Decisions, decisions.

Noise, economy, how important is less weight to the enjoyment of flying vs smooth power?

Would like to know your thoughts.

Moster all up at 24kg with 70-75 kg thrust

Or

Polini Thor 200 @ 28kg and 80-85kg thrust

???

Which is better? I guess the Thor 200 is the better motor (smooth) but the moster has really good power to weight.

Decisions, decisions.

Noise, economy, how important is less weight to the enjoyment of flying vs smooth power?

Would like to know your thoughts.

fly both, then make your mind up :D

I have flown the smaller Thor and thought it was great, it is simple to look after, well built and great looking, i loved the centrifugal gearbox and it was easy to start and very reliable, but being on the larger side and wanting to upgrade to a reflex wing I wanted something with a bit more power and the bigger thor wasn't out so I bought a moster, I miss the centrifugal gearbox a little but other than that I can't fault the moster, it's easy to start on the ground and in the air, it's easy to maintain, parts are rediable available and it is very reliable, it has loads of power - I spend most of the time on about half power so it only sips the fuel, it's a great machine.

Which ever one you chose you won't be disappointed. I don't think the additional weight of the Thor would make too much difference as a couple of kilos on the grand scheme of things isn't that important to me, If it was my choice though I think I may go for the Thor but only because of the gearbox.