Oily Thor

Out flying this evening , been up for over an hour , and decided to land on the beach to bugger about with my Walkman . Little did i know that the top bolt on the clutch casing had disappeared , chucking oil everywhere .

Decided to fly home , nice and easy , and sort out then .

When i checked , i had lost about half the oil in the clutch .

I replaced the missing bolt with an allen bolt from a previous machine , and decided to check the tightness of the rest .

They ALL needed a nip up , and i would say that the oil filler bolt was only just over hand tight .

Im going to Loctite them all , because none have locknuts . Im talking about ALL the bolts on the casings .

If you ve got a Thor , check it over .

This appears to be doing the rounds this morning

Dear Customer,

We found a 200 engine THOR an abnormal de-clamping screw propeller housing.

Naturally, it can compromise the safety in flight.

Can not ensure that it does not check on other engines, check the proper closure of these screws (shown in the photograph attached to pieces) by unscrewing them (one by one to avoid any oil leak) and screw by putting a drop of medium strength Loctite.

We apologize for the inappropriate and not to have discovered during our testing prior to sale, but we're sure you'll understand and we count on you to notify all owners of THOR 200 sold so far, to able to proceed with this control and avoid the problem in future.

Regarding the new engines, we have changed the trial assembly.

Out flying this evening , been up for over an hour , and decided to land on the beach to bugger about with my Walkman . Little did i know that the top bolt on the clutch casing had disappeared , chucking oil everywhere .

Decided to fly home , nice and easy , and sort out then .

When i checked , i had lost about half the oil in the clutch .

I replaced the missing bolt with an allen bolt from a previous machine , and decided to check the tightness of the rest .

They ALL needed a nip up , and i would say that the oil filler bolt was only just over hand tight .

Im going to Loctite them all , because none have locknuts . Im talking about ALL the bolts on the casings .

If you ve got a Thor , check it over .

Thanks for the tip, I will check my nuts and my bolts :D

One more thing...

After shortening the stupidly looooong pull rope , ( and yes it does work at half length ) , this evening the knot came undone at the toggle , resulting in said rope disappearing into Flash Starter behind the motor .

After removing mechanism , an hours fiddling ensued , with lots of cursing , and almost losing 2 fingers and an eye .

Anyway , im now an expert in assembling springy things with lots of sticky outy bits and sharp edges.......

I could tell you the easy way , but that would spoil YOUR FUN !! HA !! :lol:

Errrrr....

Engine fell out tonight.......

Please check your top mount..... :shock:

Didn't you just post that you had to repair your pull start? I would have thought that the engine mounts could have been checked at the same time?

Only sayin', like :wink:

Checked !....But then flew for a further 4 hrs and it worked loose .

Was a visual check , but been on to manufacturer and they had Loctited it from the factory .

Bolt only screws in approx 6mm anyway . Polini ( Mr Polini ) , have been informed .

Going to start wiring as much as i can .