How safe is a Revo2?

vinnie

Howdy folks

Could do with some help here please peeps. I read loads on the forums regarding wing selection etc and then finally took the plunge and bought the Revo2 advertised on the classified on here and elsewhere. Love the new auction style classifieds by the way.

Got back all excited with the wing (im buzzing)went online to gather any additional info and found some quite disturbing info as regards

to the safety of Paramania wings and reflex wings in general.

Im a complete novice learning my ground handling at the mo. Is there a problem that i should know more about?

I would greatly appreciate your comments lol good or bad.

regards

Vinnie

Hi Vinnie

You have an excellent wing mate !

Do not listen to the s*it on the internet, its one of the most popular beginner/intermediate wings out there for a reason.

I do NOT fly one either, in fact i don't own a Paramania wing never have, I have no reason to say its good or bad.

If i was to buy again I'd buy a Revo2

Get out and enjoy, and don't have any doubt in the wing otherwise it will play on your mind.

Regards

Carl

I DO own a Revo 2 26. She looks after me without a hitch. I've only flown 4 times (still training) but there's nothing like getting confidence under your own wing. I can't compare it with other wings but suffice to say I bought it because it was recommended to me by my instructor and a bunch of other people who both fly Revo wings and indeed others.

Get out there and enjoy it :D

ALL modern EN A or B wings can be regarded as safe - if flown in the right weather conditions, within the pilots skill / experience level.... The second part of that statement is the most important !

I used to own a Revo 2 and consider it to be a very 'safe' wing, even if it failed to live up to the marketing hype (and my expectations).

There have been some problems with maillons, brake lines / handles and trimmers which should all now have been addressed on new wings (and pdf dealer notices available to check older models).

went online to gather any additional info and found some quite disturbing info as regards

to the safety of Paramania wings and reflex wings in general.....

Vinnie,

If the disturbing info that you found was published by Dell Schanze, then you should ignore it, he is well know for trying to damage the reputation of any competition to his own products and most of what he say's is simply not true.

If you are referring to some other disturbing info, then please tell us more.

went online to gather any additional info and found some quite disturbing info as regards

to the safety of Paramania wings and reflex wings in general.....

Vinnie,

If the disturbing info that you found was published by Dell Schanze, then you should ignore it, he is well know for trying to damage the reputation of any competition to his own products and most of what he say's is simply not true.

If you are referring to some other disturbing info, then please tell us more.

as above, I have just moved from a Revo2 to a nucleon and can tell you the revo was one of the most confidence inspiring wings I have flown, its rock solid especialy on full fast trim, its a doddle to launch and land, if you are just starting out I think you have made an excelent choice of wing.

Once you have been flying it for a while in a range of different conditions, any misgivings you have will be gone.

Hi all

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to reply.

I can only say that your comments give me confidence in the wing and that's a good thing.

Here is the link to the video and comments that put the doubt in but lol but on reflection i dont think its a revo2 anyway :lol:

Regards

Vinnie

Hello mate. I brought outkasts revo 2 and so far have flow it once. I was terrified, especially after a full frontal collapse and it took forever to get it to launch. Not to mention being very unstable in very calm conditions.

…............ Only joking.

It was the best feeling in the world and gave me a lot of confidence looking up and getting the feeling the wing wanted to be there. Sounds strange but it just felt so natural to be flying with it.

With my whole 40 mins flying time I'm hardly a pro but as a novice I can vouch for it. GOOD CHOICE !!!! Thanks Dave :lol:

Vinne check for me in your manual. If its like the Nuc pushing the speed bar with out being on full trim will cause a huge collapse every time. I watched the video and was reading the notes below and these jokers where applying the speed bar with the trims closed to show how unsafe the wing was.

This is really ridiculous, if you know how the reflex wings work this will cause a huge collapse every time and there is a reason for it. This is why they tell you in the manual not to do this. Watch his other video..... what a whack job that guy is. Using a plane to launch..... Must be dell's brother!

Not to go into to much detail but applying full speed bar on closed trim is like asking the front of the wing to do a 90degre angle down. The wing just can not do this (I'm exaggerating the angle just for example).

Or pulling the breaks in full reflex will almost achieve the same affect

When in full reflex mode the back of the wing angles up and then when you apply the speed bar the wing will form a nice say 20 degree angle down reducing your angle of attack and glide thus giving you some nice speed.

Do you get paramotor mag? There is an articular on this in last months mag. I think Ozone is using these new risers too allow the use of speed bar through he whole range.

Does that make sense to you? Hope this help get your comfort back.....

Perfect 3kns flying weather all this week and I have to work!!!!! @#$%

Went from a Revo 1 28 , to a Revo 2 23 , and have never had a problem in over 300hrs . I personally dont like the feel of the wing on full reflex...fine if in still calm conditions and you need to get a shift on , but when the going gets rough , i like to pull the trimmers in and physically steer out of trouble . I know this contradicts what many people do , but it works for me .

The negatives on the Revo are the trimmers , which are a fiddle to operate...you either end up turning left and right whilst pulling them in , or you ve got to reach across and use both hands .

I feel the wingtip steering is a gimmick...tried it a few times , not needed .

The Revo gives me the confidence to fly in shitty , turbulent conditions , and when you look up and the wing is tucking and going in and out like a concertina , you know its your fault cause you should nt be up there in the first place ! :roll:

I had my second flight on my revo 2 last night to follow up on my earlier post. Yet again 100% comfortable. Easy launch and take off in very low wind. A few low ish passes over the field and a few nice turns at height and not once did it give me any reason to doubt it. I love my wing! Think you will too mate.

I had my second flight on my revo 2 last night to follow up on my earlier post. Yet again 100% comfortable. Easy launch and take off in very low wind. A few low ish passes over the field and a few nice turns at height and not once did it give me any reason to doubt it. I love my wing! Think you will too mate.

Hi Stu, was that from the field opposite your place?

Hi Stu, was that from the field opposite your place?

no mate, met Neilzy and a few others at canewden for a bimble round the field. Well chuffed with your wing mate. Getting confidence with it now to make it do what I want it to. And with only hour and half of flying under my belt I think that says a lot for the revo 2. You been up?

• 4 weeks later...

I have flown the Revo2 in some rough conditions, wind picked up and landing in rotor. I had to land in full reflex and it was rock solid all the way in.

I even tested the theory that you can press speed bar while in slow. In calm air nothing happened. You can use speed bar from neutral trim outwards with no worries. Only usefull when ridge soaring, even then it is easily avoided, just add a bit of faster trim and use brakes to fly slower. Most Revo2 owners I know, still haven't fitted the speed bar as they find trims alone is fast enough for their flying requirements. Its one of the best all round wings available and I often find myself recommending this wing, it will look after you well when its bumpy and still fun enough later on to do big wing overs, fly fast low down etc.. all the scary fun stuff.