EC Extreme Moster 185

Wratty71

Indeed Alan, a long day at work and fat fingers, equals the odd typo' - anyway, thanks for your useful input to the thread.

Wrat.

Anyway, what is the reason you guys say bulldog? What are the benefits of a bulldog vs the EC?

Cheers.

Indeed Alan, a long day at work and fat fingers, equals the odd typo' - anyway, thanks for your useful input to the thread.

Wrat.

Anyway, what is the reason you guys say bulldog? What are the benefits of a bulldog vs the EC?

Cheers.

the bulldog is stronger built than the EC, if you dont like the hang points on a bulldog then Kobra now fit the moster engine to their venom chassis

I have a EC Extreme Moster Powered i can tell you its a fantastic machine super light easy to maintain simple and so so easy to get into, with a well established major manufacturer to back up sales and service selling all over Europe with long established links to major other manufactures ie Vittorazi & Dudek, Bulldog is a good machine but from a small low production British manufacturer. When it came to recent Moster upgrades etc EC were well ahead of the game contacting me with upgrades etc well before most had heard of them.

In all EC are not playing at Paramotoring manufacturing like some rather like buying a Ford or a MG Rover i know where my well earned money would go!!!!!!!!!

Bulldog build quality is much better stronger frame and cheaper replacement parts. It's easier to work on through the way it's designed. It has twin quick release fuel tanks with a over the shoulder strap makes it easy to carry to a petrol station on an xc. The cage folds down to nothing so easy to transport.

The harness is pure genius with active high hang points. Carabiners are lower down do its easy to launch. As I said I looked and flew both machines liked them both but the bulldog ticked all the boxes for me and a much better quality. All just my opinion it would pay if you done the same and checked them both out first hand and fly them if you can.

Buy British ...

Thanks guys. Really handy to hear from both sides. As I like the EC, dont know of a local bulldog seller and think I'll stick with the original choice.

Good to hear they are good at customer service/updates etc as to me, that is important.

Cheers.

Wrat

Good man you wont regret it they are without a doubt the best value and best machine availabe, ya can even get them with a Bailey 4 Stroke if you want and bailey dont allow many to fit his engine only the best enough said lol

Hi

Anyone got any views on the EC Extreme Moster 185 paramotor.

This will be my first paramotor, all views welcomed.

Hi

The Ecextreme Moster was my 6th paramotor( 2nd Ec) to own

The Ecextreme Moster is a light,reliable and powerfull machine

But the frame & cage looks and feels like it would not take any

knocks however light;

I would not recommend the Ec it to anybody just starting out in

Paramotoring.

I flew mine for 120 hrs with no problems then got the chance to demo a Bulldog Moster,straight away I could see that a lot of thought had gone into its design and build quality, it was just as light as the Ec (24kg dry)but with a reserve and 15ltrs of fuel it carried the weight better.

The Ec Harness only came in one size XL and did feel a bit sloppy but wasnt a problem,the Bulldogs Harness is adjustable and would suit a small,medium or XL pilot quite happily

The Frame & cage on the Bulldog is very strong and you will notice

that many instructors are using the Bulldog as a School machine.

The Cage netting on the Ec is minimal and you could easily put your

hand through and contact the prop,but with the Bulldog the netting

has smaller squares so its virtually impossible to put your hand

through.Both machines strip down easily, the Ec cage is a 3 part and has its own carry bag.The Bulldog cage is even smaller and fits

neatly into a small tool roll size bag.The Bulldog will fit easier in a car :)

http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... =slideshow

Both have a quick release fuel tank but a quick release link on the fuel line would have to be fitted to the Ec.

Both machines are very easy to start on your back but with the

added Bungee cord on the Bulldog makes it even easier and the way the fuel delivery is setup it makes for easy starting in mid-air.

So the Bulldog is now my 7th Paramotor at present I have no plans on changing it.

I have flown both High or low hang points paramotors,clutch driven

or direct drive Paramotors,but that is not the issue,I am now flying a Paramotor that schools are teaching students to fly with ,But I have done 100s of hours Paramotoring ?..........

Cheers..

The size of the mesh was a concern of mine, not sure why they have such open meshing, it would be simple for them to improve this. My instructor has recommended the EC, hes a good bloke and I dont think he has any interest in me getting the wrong kit.

I know much of it is personal preference and thank god we all have different opinions, else we would live in a very boring world, but it is interesting to hear the views. So far, I guess the biggest concern I have left is the mesh...

I was considering eleccy start, but after listening to people, it seems the extra weight more than offsets any benefit.

Good man you wont regret it they are without a doubt the best value and best machine availabe, ya can even get them with a Bailey 4 Stroke if you want and bailey dont allow many to fit his engine only the best enough said lol

But it's like sticking a nice aston engine in trabant... :wink:

If you put a EC and bulldog next to each other there like chalk and cheese in quality and having a uk dealer manufacturer means you will have a much better and faster customer service.

....... with a well established major manufacturer to back up sales and service selling all over Europe with long established links to major other manufactures ie Vittorazi & Dudek, .. .......

I agree with Neilzy, when considering after sales and backup; a larger, established manufacturer with greater production, full time staff and dealers throughout Europe is more likely to provide a good and speedy level of support than a smaller outfit, no matter where they are located.

The cage and frame are British Designed and manufactured by a small engineering company. As are the CNC parts and loads of the 'little bits and bobs'

Clearly the engine is not made in the UK and nor is the harness.

SW :D

But it's like sticking a nice aston engine in trabant... :wink:

If you put a EC and bulldog next to each other there like chalk and cheese in quality and having a uk dealer manufacturer means you will have a much better and faster customer service.

Totally agrree with you Morgy, the quality of the EC is miles ahead of the Bulldog but then that is to be expected as EC are a large well established company with an established RD dept and superior buying power with major brands etc and that a small company will always be pushed to compete.

And the Aston/Trabant comparason is fair although im sure Paul Bailey can control who uses his engines just as well as Aston can and does as Parajet & EC are the choosen few that he will allow to retro fit his engines.

As for sales and service i can refere to an earlier thread on the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7768

ive never had such a problem with EC or the after sales and have been more than impressed with the speed at there reaction with recent upgrades.

Totally agrree with you Morgy, the quality of the Bulldog is miles ahead of the EC but then that is to be expected.

Neilzy

do you deal direct with EC in Poland?

Someone I know is looking for a Frame,Prop & cage Parts :( and I was told you were the guy to ask.