low flying around powick area

jock

Yes, my friends thought it was me illegally low flying last year, hence the issue I raised on here.

You don't need to worry because it wasn't you illegally low flying over Stourbridge last year, nor anyone else we know.

To be fair, no one (Joe Public) has actually complained yet, but I suppose it's only a matter of time and they'll have the photo/video evidence. Non of us seasoned flyers need worry.

Richard

ps - I do legally low fly a fair amount, as do a number of comp pilots!

seems that blue and white wing dude is a total cock. Its a shame when someone is either too stupid or arrogant to think about what they are doing. Sometimes things are done through ignorance, but this is common sense. If you fly low its going to piss people off. How can it possibly be acceptible to do this. Its the biggest risk to public acceptance of our sport and it seems to be a joke to lots of pilots, its not OK, it realy isn't.

Enville has a lot of horses, (and the finest Ale known to man (seriously, if you havn't had a pint of Enville then you haven't tasted Ale) The millions are in Enville which is a very popular horse riding spot. There are lots of wealthy people in the area that would no doubt be well versed in directing complaints to the right places.

Then perhaps it's up to us to file the complaint.... sure it looks bad that someone is complaining about these 'duckheads', but if the CAA know that 'us pilots' are not happy with the situation also, then it looks better than general members of the public complaining.

While we stick by the law and obey the rules, we should also stand up for the sport and protect it.

CAA low flying report form at-

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?c ... il&id=4320

Best to find out who it was and have a word first,if he is a regular low flyer then yes take action, just seen another worcestershire vid with low flying over houses,got his stuff for sale on ebay,500ft is there for a reason,,even the 500ft rule dont mean we should fly over things at that height,common sense should preveil,,

yeah, that was pretty bad flying. To be fair though he was losing height to land by the looks of it. But pretty fucking stupid doing it over houses, especialy when there are so many open fields around. I would of said 6/10 not quite a full nobjockey but putting it upon youtube like your some kind of fucking hero for flying like a dipshit deffinately gets extra points.

How high do you think that was, say at 3 mins in over the houses?

I'm not airborne yet so difficult to judge, but I'd guess 150 - 200 ft?

aside from safety I'd say at that height the noise alone is enough to about people into complaining?

Not sure i agree that pilot reporting pilot will help the cause - once those with the power get a grip with something they'll spoil it for everyone regardless of who reported it.

Then perhaps it's up to us to file the complaint.... sure it looks bad that someone is complaining about these 'duckheads', but if the CAA know that 'us pilots' are not happy with the situation also, then it looks better than general members of the public complaining.

While we stick by the law and obey the rules, we should also stand up for the sport and protect it.

Much better to try a deal with it unofficially, the more official CAA complaints that are made against paramotors, the closer we get to more regulation. it makes no difference who the complaint is from, the CAA don't care about that?

Much better to try a deal with it unofficially, the more official CAA complaints that are made against paramotors, the closer we get to more regulation. it makes no difference who the complaint is from, the CAA don't care about that?

Agree better to deal with words of wisdom in his ear,.im sure he will read these posts,and learn what not to do,we dont know if someone from the houses may have complained to the old bill.hence all his kit on ebay. the thing is dont drop your selft in it by sticking it on youtube