low flying around powick area

jock

mike.richard,carl,dan,phil, me, or anyone who flys around powick area,i seen a farmer today who has been trying to get hold of us,ref low flying nr horse riding stables,i remember some of you said you were flying low in and out of trees nr clifton and severn stoke,there is a stable there were kids ride and you spooked them.Farmer was ok just wanted us not to fly low in and out off the trees etc,even said i could fly from his feild which takes east/west.may even be possibile to do north.south as long as i can clear the crops. keep a good eye out when low along river as there are other stables along the route,farmer flys planes as well,,

mike.richard,carl,dan,phil, me, or anyone who flys around powick area,i seen a farmer today who has been trying to get hold of us,ref low flying nr horse riding stables,i remember some of you said you were flying low in and out of trees nr clifton and severn stoke,there is a stable there were kids ride and you spooked them.Farmer was ok just wanted us not to fly low in and out off the trees etc,even said i could fly from his feild which takes east/west.may even be possibile to do north.south as long as i can clear the crops. keep a good eye out when low along river as there are other stables along the route,farmer flys planes as well,,

I find it is better to over fly the route at a safe hight to check it out first then you can fly back low and fast as you know whats there.

It also stops things like this cropping up.

Hi Jock, noted..

I'm sure who ever it was didn't see the horses.

Nice of the farmer to offer a new field to take off from, it's finding hard to secure fields at the moment.

Had a lovely 50min flight lastnight from Nottingham, practicing low flying in 3mph wind.

Hopefully Powick will be cut soon so we can all get together.

How's Sean ?

Cheers

Carl

your right there pete.we do have tons off riding stables around here,we know most of them,now we know of this one,..carl, sean or collum as the nurses call him,is still in,he picked the wrong time to be in hospital as the doctors are a way on bank hol,til wed/he should be out by the w/end,thats 2 east-west sites i can fly from. powick takes all winds,should be cut soon i hope, seans wife, family have a farm nr worcester he will go see him to see if we can fly from there as wel,

Flown near that part of the Severn both ways on 59 separate occasions over the years, according to my log book. So, it's more than likely to be me, but never to my knowledge low over cattle/sheep/horses. If you could get a "WHEN" and exactly "WHERE" the farm is on Google maps, I'll check my GPS tracks. So far, the tracks are no where near the centre of Severn Stoke, but I don't know where the farm is situated. The last time I flew low near there (but, the other side of the Severn) was 3rd February 2012.

Jock, Inform the Defford crew and the Kempsey flyers also.

Richard

Just checked GPS tracks proximity for Clifton centre and again no where near it for the last 2 1/2 years, so it must be one of the Kempsey/Kerswell Green flyers in his back garden.

Does the farmer know he's soon to have 60 PPG flyers on his doorstep soon ............

Richard

Just checked GPS tracks proximity for Clifton centre and again no where near it for the last 2 1/2 years, so it must be one of the Kempsey/Kerswell Green flyers in his back garden.

Does the farmer know he's soon to have 60 PPG flyers on his doorstep soon ............

Richard

orange wing and white/blue he said.will get proper details but nr the mobile homes along the river at severn stoke,yes he was speaking to richard from the nats when i turned up.hes letting them fly in for the nats,top farmer.lol.thats if any flying takes place this w/end.may be a window sat eve,rain sunday,,i remember one of us saying they done a low flying course in and out of the trees nr there,The farmer was ok,he just tried to find us to say there are stables there,He and his mates fly planes from there,just wanted to point out which way to fly to miss the horses,The nats will know about it,only a few feilds away....

cant be me,ive had every colour wing apart from orange, lol..who flys from the kite feilds,im sure when we all descend on the new farmers feild,which ever one he shoots out the air with buckshot we will know,,,next good east/west day i will give ya a call and we can go try it if powick has not been cut,looking crap weather rest of week,ive picked the wrong 2wks to have of work.

cant be me,ive had every colour wing apart from orange, lol..who flys from the kite feilds,im sure when we all descend on the new farmers feild,which ever one he shoots out the air with buckshot we will know,,,next good east/west day i will give ya a call and we can go try it if powick has not been cut,looking crap weather rest of week,ive picked the wrong 2wks to have of work.

Ha ha Jock you've had more wings than I've had flights ! And I've never seen you fly for longer than 5 min lol.

Ha ha Jock you've had more wings than I've had flights ! And I've never seen you fly for longer than 5 min lol.

5 mins that proves its not me spooking the gee gees,its 6 mins to the horse feild.plus you have to add carrying the motor over the gates,extra flying time there,my last 3 wings were crap,i have one thats good for 12mins now,plus on the plus side can you give me some tips on falling over as your a dab hand at it,,lol...can you get out mon onwards ifs its on.....

it would be better to simply not fly low and fast at all, isnt it ilegal to do this, also as ppg is reletively slow how do you know someone hasn't just got the horse out the stables as you start your return leg. I think that low flying should be kept to private fields where permission is given.

And, its not me, yes my wing is Orange but I dont fly low.

Hope to see the worcs crew soon.

I find it is better to over fly the route at a safe hight to check it out first then you can fly back low and fast as you know whats there.

It also stops things like this cropping up.

If there were stables sheds ect, then don't fly low over them. Find some where else, thats the point of flying over the area first to make sure there is nothing there :D

We all know this very basic stuff about low flying rules amongst the Powick group. Some of us have nearly a thousand ppg hours. You're just preaching to the converted as far as the Powick gang is concerned. I've never seen any of us do that sort of flying which was described by Jock. You need to direct your attack against the Kempsey low airtime flyers. Start a new topic "low flying around Kerswell Green area".

Richard

If there were stables sheds ect, then don't fly low over them. Find some where else, thats the point of flying over the area first to make sure there is nothing there :D

We all know this very basic stuff about low flying rules amongst the Powick group. Some of us have nearly a thousand ppg hours. You're just preaching to the converted as far as the Powick gang is concerned. I've never seen any of us do that sort of flying which was described by Jock. You need to direct your attack against the Kempsey low airtime flyers. Start a new topic "low flying around Kerswell Green area".

Richard

:shock::shock:

Richard, Im not preaching to anyone just replying to a post mate. Me thinks you need to get your fix.

Go flying :D

pete we all need a fix.the cure should be here monday.not trying to pinpoint who the low flyer is,just letting people know there are lots of horse riding schools around here,I know its not Dan,every time i see him flying he is to busy wipeing the clouds from his eyes,,lol.. The balloon show at Evesham is still going a head this week/end,just no balloons,,,thats haft a fix lol......bring your wellies to the nats,you will need them,

• 4 months later...
some one flying low over kinver and enville and i mean low50 feet over live stock farms houses and the a449 could not belive it, time sat 1600, blue and white wing.

Need to find out who it is and were he t/o from before he gets us banned from powick.the only one i know with a blue/white wing is simon chandler it may not be him he flys with in the rules so may be some one else.not good lots of stables etc around there...

Ouch, I was 5ft off the ground on Sunday at times, performing my hay bale slalom tricks...... must've scared a few field mice......

Might be the same bloke who was very low over Stourbridge last summer (Circa 100ft). That was a blue and white wing. I still have access to some video of that low flying (taken from the ground on an iPhone I think). I'll see if I can get it 'youtubed'.

Richard

yes you are correct I think it the same person blue and white wing, thats what was reported to you last summer and you did not like that, and neither do I,someone coming into your flying area to do their low flying , lets get this right we all like to fly low, this cheeky chap did not give a toss and i will get it on video next time, and do us all a good turn.