Weather forum

Guest v23nb

Francis is providing some really interesting tit bits on upcoming weather on his IOW page. Any chance there could be a weather sub-forum so this info and any early heads up on future windows of opportunity can be posted and monitored, rather than these posts being lost amongst other sub-forums?

Regards

Ian

EDIT: I'm delighted to see that I can post the word tit without getting auto-moderated! :D

Hi Ian,

We are currently building a Met mini site (see link at top of page) which will have a Weather thread and LOADS of met info, local forcasts e.t.c. not sure on ETA but 'not long' is a cert.

SW :D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Ian,

You foresaw the development. We have been looking at doing tis for some time. What you see at the meomnt is sort of interim with better stuff coming along later. Its always a balance knowing what to put up n a forum like this and what to leave individuals to find for themselves. Truth is I guess when you are that new to aviation of any sort, often you don't even know where to begin to look.

Let's see what happens over the coming months.

Francis is providing some really interesting tit bits on upcoming weather on his IOW page. Any chance there could be a weather sub-forum so this info and any early heads up on future windows of opportunity can be posted and monitored, rather than these posts being lost amongst other sub-forums?

I'm guilty of this, I try to post a note under the Berkshire branch when a window of oppertunity is on the horizon (see last mondays prediction of this weekends weather). The problem is this is region specific.....and since the forum is growing so fast with loads of branches it could be a major task so it may be wise to post a heads up on the main met forum so everyone can check their regional forecast.

I'm doing a quick "how to" page to decode the myths.