Moster Engine service bulletin

Vittorazi have released a service bulletin and upgrade kit for pre Jan 2012 Moster engines.

See: http://parashop.co.uk/manuals/SERVICE_BULLETIN_MAY_2012.pdf

I am going to order a kit, if anyone wants one please PM me ASAP.

The cost price will be about £115 (including VAT, Shipping to UK, postage to you, Foreign bank transfer fee, Paypal fee, etc, If I can get a few it will reduce the cost as we can share the P&P and bank transfer costs.

So they want you to PAY for replacing items that were originally supplied sub standard? :shock:

I agree that some (most) of the parts should be covered by warranty and replaced free of charge. I have sent a message to Vittorazi complaining about this. I expect they will claim that the original parts were not sub-standard and this are optional upgrades or improvements. I am waiting for their response to my complaint, I will post it on here.

Could this be why Parajet are not offering a Moster powered version of the new Zenith?

Zenith Powerplant to thrust options (taken from the Parajet Zenith page)

Engine-------- AUW----------Thrust(kg)

Top80----------19.8------------48

Moster----------22--------------70

Thor 100-------24.9------------60

V5---------------27---------------60

Thor200--------28---------------80

(sorry if that looks weird but the forum automatically deletes spaces)

The Moster figures are mine by taking off the published weight of the Thor200 and adding the published weight of the Moster, so it could be out by a couple of kilo's....

The Moster (on paper) would hit the most ideal power to weight ratio, but all the new mods seem to be beefing it up or addressing the much discussed cooling issues. I wonder if Vittorazi was trying to go more for weight savings at the expense of strength when they designed it :?:

I had all my upgrades done 3 months ago EC Extreme well ahead of the game ive had all the new upgrades apart from the prop. Nigel @ UKPPG was on the phone to me with the new stuff as soon as it was released the new pull start has not let me down and the new pulley and belt has been replaced as a matter of coarse UKPPG well looked after me and so well ahead of the game!!!!!!

Vittorazi have released a service bulletin and upgrade kit for pre Jan 2012 Moster engines.

See: http://parashop.co.uk/manuals/SERVICE_BULLETIN_MAY_2012.pdf

I am going to order a kit, if anyone wants one please PM me ASAP.

The cost price will be about £115 (including VAT, Shipping to UK, postage to you, Foreign bank transfer fee, Paypal fee, etc, If I can get a few it will reduce the cost as we can share the P&P and bank transfer costs.

The Prop upgrade is not included in this price obviously and the tests that we have carried out so far, show no noticible difference in thrust, power output or economy. You do need to buy the prop adapter plate if you want to upgrade to the new, head cooling prop desing and it set the prop back from the pulley as the leading edge of the prop tappers in slightly as well as the kick off on the rear edge of the prop and it will hit / damage your top pulley if it is not fitted.

Personally if you are a heavy pilot then this is a good option as you will tend to rev your Moster at higher RPM than a lighter pilot.

We have been upgrading all of our personal customers Moster engines in EC-Extremes and our other Paramotor brands that we have supplied with the Moster Engine, as the mods have been introduced by Vittorazi over the last 12 months.

Your paramotor manufacturer should have kept you informed about these mods as they have been introduced. Especially the belt issue and the pull start system.

As Vittorazi's main UK importer and service centre we keep all of these parts in UK stock, for both our personal customers and other UK Moster owners, service requirements, and they are normally available on a next day delivery...

Vittorazi have offered all of these replacement parts at there cost not rrp to try and help there customers out financially, but they are for the long term good of the engine and your safety, which they are open and honest about.

If you need any help or advice or just a chat re your engine, then please just give us a call on 01354 658778 or email at info@ukppg.com

Thanks

Nigel

UKPPG

Clive,

For your reassurance, we have never replaced or ordered a piston set or any other main engine components for a Moster, not even an enquiry for them.

Our recommendation is to, Just use good quality oil, we recommend Putoline MX7 (nice dark Blue colour for quick fuel level checking) which is a high quality fully synthetic oil and do not use a leaner fuel mix than Vittorazi recommend, no matter what oil you are using.

One of my demo models has over 150 hours on it now and as a test model from Vitorazzi, I have only ever changed the top pulley bearing and a belt to the new Gates belt as the bearing went through the Contitech belt that was fitted and this was reported back to Vittorazi as part of our testing of the engine, we haven't even changed the plug on her yet and she still runs like a dream.

Do not mess with the Carb settings either and you should have many hours of untroubled use on this motor.

Remember that this service bulletin is a worldwide bulletin and the cooling side of thing are more directed at very hot, dry countries where temperatures are much higher than ours in the UK.

Another good tip is that you should only use the recommended vittorazi propellors for the moster, either the wooden or carbon helix ones. If you go and put cheap wooden or copy fibreglass or even carbon props on the engine then you can seriously effect the rpm and temperatures and of course then problems can arise, which would obviously put your engine out of warranty.

People always think that why should I pay more for a genuine manufacturers propellor when I can get a cheaper one, the truth is that engine manufacturers spend a lot of time and development in testing different props to work perfectly with indivual engines, producing the best performance but more importantly keeping the engine within its safe rpm range, whilst maximising thrust and economy and adding longitivity to the engine life.

Hope this helps

Nigel

UKPPG

Paramotors are overpriced as it is IMO. Then they want you to buy an upgrade kit to preplace the poor quality parts they supplied. Get your money back, the product supplied is not fit for purpose.

I am very pleased with the Moster engine, nothing has failed or gone wrong with it yet, it certainly is very fit for purpose, my only grumble was that I felt some of the parts such as the new reinforcement plate should have been supplied free of charge.

this is the reply from Vittorazi regarding this:

"like you can see, almost all of the parts proposed on the service bulletin are consumable parts, proposed to our production cost to allow to all the customers to keep their engines upgraded and in perfect efficiency."

If almost all the parts are consumable parts, then why are they charging me for the ones that are not?

Anyway my conclusion is that it is a small price to pay to keep the engine in good condition.

In 4 yrs of owning a Parajet I've never paid for any safety or essential upgrades...

Guess you get what you pay for in this sport!!

So where do you stand if you don't buy them and something goes pop?

In the 3+ years of sailing around with my miniplane at around 150 hours per year, I've never HAD any safety or essential upgrades. Actually I never had an engine failure in flight or on the ground so far (touch wood). I did shut the engine down a few times on take off or in flight by mistake, but restarted right away.

Credits to manufacturer and to a periodic maintainance (so easy).

Luckily this behaviour didn't get me less alert on the possibility, so I'm just waiting for the time when it will come and hopefully be ready for it.

I think that the engine supplier deserves some props for putting out this bulletin.

A lot of other manufacturers don't supply this info leaving all of their customers with issues they don't even know about until it's too late.

I think that the engine supplier deserves some props for putting out this bulletin.

A lot of other manufacturers don't supply this info leaving all of their customers with issues they don't even know about until it's too late.

Yes but they don't usually charge for upgrades such as this.

In 4 yrs of owning a Parajet I've never paid for any safety or essential upgrades...

In the 3+ years of sailing around with my miniplane at around 150 hours per year, I've never HAD any safety or essential upgrades. Actually I never had an engine failure in flight or on the ground so far (touch wood). I did shut the engine down a few times on take off or in flight by mistake, but restarted right away.

Luckily this behaviour didn't get me less alert on the possibility, so I'm just waiting for the time when it will come and hopefully be ready for it.

I had one issue.

The line for the pull start managed to pull through the handle. So not thinking it through I put a little steal washer in the bottom of the handle and away I went.

This weekend my mistake was realized. By placing the little steal washer in the bottom of the handle every time I pulled it to start the engine it was slowly cutting the line.

This Saturday I pulled the engine to start and snap! there I stood with the starter handle in my hand and the pull starter line all nicely wound up inside the re-coiler on engine.

Rule #1 always have the basic tools in your truck/car if you paramotor (for the new guys).

New plug, ratchet set, prop bolts, lube, cold beer for after the flight etc.

I grabbed my box, two screws on the harness, two top engine mounts and three on the recoil cover and I was starting to re-thread the line back out of the re-coiler.

I think one hour I was connected and ready to go (sweating like a hooker during tourist season). But I was hell bent to fly and cool down.

Cheers

T

They are simple and do the trick.

Plus 1 to Parajet then for their responsible attitude to customer service in continually looking for ways to improve their product!

:-)

• 5 months later...