Anyone flying Powick Sunday 6th May?

norbertflyer

How do the, hang glider people get on with us buzzing around them ?

Or is it a case of having to stay away ?

No problem if you are flying powick.just dont fly nr the hill or over it.as it is a comp most hg will go xc.if you are free flying the hill.give the hgs a wide berth,the rule for the day is everyone thermals to the right,you should get some good pics/vid if you fly nr the hills ie/the 3 counties show ground that way you are far enough away not to get in the way etc.60 plus hgs and tons of pgs 2morro what will the martians think/lol/ the hangliders will have 3-5k out front of the hill to find a good thermal to climb up and away so say the hg pilots,

Seen you taking off when i was filling the van up ... guessing the wind picked up ?

What an expensive day for me, tried taking off in long grass and bottomed out.

Done a cage section and the main chassis. Off to Parajet Tuesday :roll:

How was your flight Richard?

Carl

Bad day for you for sure,but these mishaps do happen,you are in the sean club now lol/he has new prop ready for next attempt off skywards or back in the face plant club.lol,,loads went xc from malvern 2day..will let you know when powick grass is cut,,,,,

Needed a strong breeze to beat the knee high grass. took 2.5 hours waiting for the right wind. Several changes of direction & strength. Can't fly from there again until it's cut. 1h24m fiesty conditions, lift from as low as 100ft. Couldn't get down a few times, engine off for a while. Wing moved around quite a bit. Got rained on! Severn still very high in places. Landing quite hard as hit massive sink, so needed to rest knee after that.

Richard.

Bad day for you for sure,but these mishaps do happen,you are in the sean club now lol/he has new prop ready for next attempt off skywards or back in the face plant club.lol,,loads went xc from malvern 2day..will let you know when powick grass is cut,,,,,

Jock it's horrendous ... Caught me out a treat.

I should of waited for a breeze.

We learn from mistakes,and I've learnt from this one.

Parajet normaly have a quick turn around,but any delay and you want to fly.you can use my volution,,

Parajet normaly have a quick turn around,but any delay and you want to fly.you can use my volution,,

Very kind of you Jock

I'm taking it down to Parajet today for them to start work on it asap

Fingers crossed and some pushing it shouldnt be long :?

Cheers

Carl

Really is quite minor damage, but Carl wants his motor to look pristine (he wouldn't be happy with mine....). 3 minor welds (one needed doing before Sunday), one small bend, a bit of netting and a buff of the petrol tank will be all that's required. (oh, and a new spare prop)

Can't see another flyable day this week so far, so some breathing space for the repairs.

Richard