Revo 2 or Apco Thrust need guidance

Hello,

I am doing paragliding for a last few months and have completed 17 hrs, now i want to learn para motoring,

I was wondering weather to buy Apco thrst 3 or Revo 2.

Only one school in India which teaches para motoring uses Apco thrust as they claim its more durable in tropical conditions and comes with 3 year warranty where as Revo has thin wing material developed for European conditions.

Performance wise Revo 2 is very superior but i am concern about maintenance.

There are not any pilots in India who is using other wings than Apco. So any guidance is very appreciated.

Thanks.

That's the first time I've heard of anything like that and it sounds like nonsense.

I really doubt there would be any difference when it comes to maintenance of the glider.

Make sure you keep it dry, that's important for any glider.

I can not answer either way but

I did see an Apco just last weekend and it's material is way different then any glider I've see. You can feel it's coated with something

The Thrust Materials

The glider is made from tear resistant Ripstop Nylon cloth, which is P.U. coated to zero porosity and then siliconized to give the fabric high resistance to the elements. Different cloth is used for the top, bottom and ribs due to their different functions. The lines are made of superaramid covered with a polyester sheath for protection against UV, wear and abrasion. The bottom section of the brake lines is made of polyester because of its better mechanical properties. The karabiners that attach the lines to the risers are made of stainless steel.

http://www.apcoaviation.com/products.as ... nstruction

Apco Force

Materials

The glider is made from tear resistant Ripstop Nylon cloth, which is P.U. coated to zero porosity and then siliconized to give the fabric high resistance to the elements. Different cloth is used for the top, bottom and ribs due to their different functions. The lines are made of superaramid covered with a polyester sheath for protection against UV, wear and abrasion. The bottom section of the brake lines is made of polyester because of its better mechanical properties. The karabiners that attach the lines to the risers are made of stainless steel.

Any of the guys with an Apco Force comment?

T

Not sure what material is used for the Revo2 but, the Apco Thrust and all Apco gliders are indeed made from a different material that most other manufacturers do not use, it has more silicon in it (you can feel the difference) this material should last longer, I often hear off very old Apco wings (10-15 years) still being non porous. This may be even more relevant in dusty conditions where surfaces are subjected to a lot of wear. The material that Apco use is not thicker it is thinner, but is is heavier (42 g/m2) because of the extra silicon, which means it is more likely to stretch.

You could look at The Apco Force if you want a glider that is made from this material that also has reflex performance.

jaydev, I would recommend you to post the same question on paraglidingforum.com it's a very large forum and you can get answers from people that live in similar condition. It's a free flight forum but it doesn't really matter for this kind of question.

The top and bottom surfaces are made from Porsha-Marine NCV, 44gm, and

37gm respectively on the revolution.

My first glider was an ozone vibe, that one uses gelvenor as well and indeed it was very durable. In the end it was more likely that the lines needed replacement.

I don't own a revolution but have had the paramania fusion for 3 years. It has kept better than the vibe did but I have treated it more gently as well.

The most important thing is to treat the glider well, don't leave in a hot car longer than necessary, never keep it wet and don't expose it to unnecessary UV light and so on. No matter what glider you buy.

There are plenty of places around the world that have tough conditions for gliders, so If I were you I would post the question on paraglidingforum see what the response would be.

• 3 weeks later...

I think apco kama SP may fit for you based 17 hrs, thrust may be more advanced for you.

I have been flying GIN bolera III for over 100 hr, over 200 times taking off. now I turned to Apco kama SP. kama SP is a little more advanced than kama or GIN Bolera III, and thrust is more adavnced than kama SP.

It is all a matter of speed. If you are looking for relax, stable ans safe flights, which are mainly at low altitude go for the Apco Thrust 3, which both launch and fly smoothly. If however you are more into XC and joint fly with faster wings I would go for the Revo which gives you the fun of slow flight at close trimmers and the ability to fly high and far at fast trim.

As for maintenance, Apco's wings during 2006-2008 had the heavier fabric which last forever (mine is Thrust (m) 2006 with 300 hours and recently checked for porosity and results where nearly as a new wing), however their latest wing are much lighter to acheive the easier launch, hence last much shorter time. I believe both the R2 and Thurast3 will eventually last fairly similar time for you.

• 5 months later...
Not sure what material is used for the Revo2 but, the Apco Thrust and all Apco gliders are indeed made from a different material that most other manufacturers do not use, it has more silicon in it (you can feel the difference) this material should last longer, I often hear off very old Apco wings (10-15 years) still being non porous. This may be even more relevant in dusty conditions where surfaces are subjected to a lot of wear. The material that Apco use is not thicker it is thinner, but is is heavier (42 g/m2) because of the extra silicon, which means it is more likely to stretch.

You could look at The Apco Force if you want a glider that is made from this material that also has reflex performance.

Hi,

Apco force is very high rated glider for me. its EN-C rated glider. Defiantly not for beginner level pilot.

Thanks

jaydev, I would recommend you to post the same question on paraglidingforum.com it's a very large forum and you can get answers from people that live in similar condition. It's a free flight forum but it doesn't really matter for this kind of question.

The top and bottom surfaces are made from Porsha-Marine NCV, 44gm, and

37gm respectively on the revolution.

My first glider was an ozone vibe, that one uses gelvenor as well and indeed it was very durable. In the end it was more likely that the lines needed replacement.

I don't own a revolution but have had the paramania fusion for 3 years. It has kept better than the vibe did but I have treated it more gently as well.

The most important thing is to treat the glider well, don't leave in a hot car longer than necessary, never keep it wet and don't expose it to unnecessary UV light and so on. No matter what glider you buy.

There are plenty of places around the world that have tough conditions for gliders, so If I were you I would post the question on paraglidingforum see what the response would be.

Hi

I have posted, waiting for response.

Thanks.