Kill switch

Hi. I have a pap Ross. Thinks its a push to break. I'm a new pilot and am really concious of pushing it by mistake during flight. Seems a bit easy to do. And being pull start its a bit of a prob if I do!!! Was thinking of some sort of cover like an ignition switch with the red flip up cover. Ever had an issue with it?

Hi. I have a pap Ross. Thinks its a push to break. I'm a new pilot and am really concious of pushing it by mistake during flight. Seems a bit easy to do. And being pull start its a bit of a prob if I do!!! Was thinking of some sort of cover like an ignition switch with the red flip up cover. Ever had an issue with it?

Some put a piece of soft plastic pipe over it so its harder to push by mistake.

If you do push it by mistake you will soon know about it as your engine will start to cut out..

Ive done it a couple of times but never actually killed the engine you just hear it splutter as you are probably still throttling up. So if you hear the engine dying make sure your not on the kill switch..

Freaked me out the first time i done it and that was on a pap at the time >>