Another display of how to get the sport banned...

dmwood

This was in Italy however I am totally stunned at the numerous displays of stupidity and utter disregard for pilot and members of the publics safety in this video.

Flying skill? Maybe...

Brains? NONE !

Surprised that they actually let this idiot on the plane to come over be honest...

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

I got to 3.45 on the video - couldn't watch any more- these guys are just crazy.

Considering my last flight, i had an unexpected engine failure- i'm thankful for my training and i was at 500ft- still didn't give me very long to land, but at least i had my field picked and wind direction accessed before i needed it.

There are old pilots and bold pilots!!!!!

Quote for youtube video:

"Powered paragliding around Italy is a total blast. The people love wild & crazy stuff and unlike other places they are very accepting of things that would land you in jail anywhere else."

No comments. Just let someone catch you Superdell around our country again doing this kind of stuff and we will sort things out the italian way, maybe you will not get in jail but you'd wish you did. We have folks who did things less stupid than this now part of the cement structure of buildings around here :mrgreen:

Watch out! :mrgreen: .

Honestly, apart from that really stupid bit around 3:40 where they decide to involve members of the public in the already dangerous environment of their vehicles (unforgivable), I didn't see anything too much wrong with this clip.

Yes, they were very much risking their own safety, which I couldn't give two hoots about, but they were, for almost the whole video, flying within the 500ft rule. Away from people and built up areas.

Stupid car stunt aside, I actually really enjoyed the clip, displaying real PPG skills, until the end when I saw who was flying. I only say this because I know from other videos that Dell really is an inconsiderate pilot and has no qualms about upsetting and risking harm to people on the ground.

As for getting the sport banned because of this type of flying? I don't think so. I truly, and maybe cynically believe that the eventual regulation of the sport will be decided by the governmental financial departments as opposed to the health and safety.

Dan :)

Quote for youtube video:

"Powered paragliding around Italy is a total blast. The people love wild & crazy stuff and unlike other places they are very accepting of things that would land you in jail anywhere else."

No comments. Just let someone catch you Superdell around our country again doing this kind of stuff and we will sort things out the italian way, maybe you will not get in jail but you'd wish you did. We have folks who did things less stupid than this now part of the cement structure of buildings around here :mrgreen:

Watch out! :mrgreen: .

Love it. because I know it's true LOL

SW :D