Dudek Hadron review...

haze

Interesting for sure

requests precise inputs and slight corrections. I manage to draw my path where I want; the wing turns well, brilliantly! It accumulates a lot of energy and you need to know how to administer the speed bar to transform the energy of the surge in powerful acceleration at the exit of a turn.

over-braking or releasing the speed-bar abruptly can cause a really huge surge.

Hands-free and with closed trimmers I fly at 39-40 Km/h; with open trimmers I reach the remarkable speed of 52 Km/h. Combining speed-bar and trimmer I achieved a maximum speed of 63 Km/h.

It seems they are having a really hard time pushing past the 63-65km/h range even in the small gliders but that's still a huge jump in 4ys or so.

I would've expected more speed from a glider with that tiny surface area, at that weight. Although they do say it's trimmed for competition acro turns, rather than flat out running.

An uncertified glider though - will it be allowed to compete 'normal' PPG championships? Thought the very sad debacle at the Piedrahita PG Worlds last year meant that the FAI (CIVL) has banned the use of non certified gliders in comps, at least for the time being?

Richard

I would've expected more speed from a glider with that tiny surface area, at that weight. Although they do say it's trimmed for competition acro turns, rather than flat out running.

An uncertified glider though - will it be allowed to compete 'normal' PPG championships? Thought the very sad debacle at the Piedrahita PG Worlds last year meant that the FAI (CIVL) has banned the use of non certified gliders in comps, at least for the time being?

Richard

Every comp of any kind should have an "open" class simply based on a size 14m, 16m, 29m paragliders or 350 400ci for example in cars

I think it provides a forum where new idea's can surface. However this tends to require safety to be factored in somehow. 9 times out of 10 safety takes a back seat to 1st place.

Richard

Pascal Vallee clocked 67km/h on his in lasts years open though I doubt it has standard risers.

Regarding competing on uncertified gliders in 'normal' comps yes its fine (at the moment) and unlikely to change. All the top pilots alter there wings to suit them and competition flying so most will be out of certification if origanlly in.

Also there is a massive difference between the 2 liner open class wings and an uncertified paramotor wing.

The Hadron, is a great wing to fly and I have always felt very safe on it in all the conditions I have flown.

The video of Pascal having a large asymmetric collapse at Las Candelas this year was down to him trying different risers, and even then it recovered well.