Anyone try one of these......?

bilbosmeggins

Was originally looking at the Garmin 96c then spotted these on the 'bay -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290691796657? ... 97.c0.m619

Anybody used one or know of anyone that has? I must say that I am mighty tempted as I do love a gadget :D . Curious about battery life and functionality whilst wearing humungous gloves etc. And wondered how good the airmaps were? If the pictures are actual screenshots then the maps do look very nice indeed. Anybody?

we looked into these units even bought 6 from china but found them very fidly to use its the type of thing you buy and then get tired of trying to set it up so leave in your flight bag.

summary was that there to complex to set up and use

they look better than they are

stick with the garmin

I have an Air ware 5 plus very good bit's of kit easy to use even with gloves on.

I only use it when i am going on a long XC and i know i will have to go through or around airspace. I much prefer map and compass i get much more satisfaction knowing i have flown somewhere with out getting lost and just using basic equipment...

The battery life is not amazing only 3-4 hours so i also carry a power gorilla to top it up...

I have an Air ware 5 plus very good bit's of kit easy to use even with gloves on.

I only use it when i am going on a long XC and i know i will have to go through or around airspace. I much prefer map and compass i get much more satisfaction knowing i have flown somewhere with out getting lost and just using basic equipment...

The battery life is not amazing only 3-4 hours so i also carry a power gorilla to top it up...

Was looking at their site yesterday and thinking what a great yet simple approach it was. Are the base maps sufficient or do you really need to buy their additional maps?