Very Important Date!

To all Pilots, Camera people, ground crew involved with the tip to tip!!!!

PUT THIS DATE IN YOUR DIARY NOW PLEASE!!!!!

On the 1st and 2nd of March 08 we are being fimed on Dartmoor by the ITV. This is confirmed no matter what the weather, we will give them something to film.

The aim is to gain as much pre exposure as possible for this flight, and to start getting footage for the Tip to Tip DVD.

PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP IF YOU CAN NOT MAKE IT ON THIS DATE!!

Cheers All.

SW :D

Edited by Guest

To the pilots, and ground crew....

Dartmoor is the mother of all soggy places.

So... please please bring as a minimum the following items:-

WATERPROOF Boots, (with spare laces)

Plenty of spare sox. (talc is a good idea)

2 X Fleece or Woolen jumper (keeps you warm even if its wet)

Waterproof Jacket, Trousers and gaters if you have them, if not Spare 'light weight' trousers Jeans are crap for Dartmoor.

Plenty of Towels,

Bin bags (waterproof)

Gloves,

Wolly Hat,

Flask,

Back Pack.

Compass if you have one.

You will also need to take notes, pens dont work when wet :wink:

This list of kit should be carried by all, even the ground crew may have to walk a mile or two over the moors.... hopefully not BUT its better to plan for it then fail. 8)

Bring all of your normal kit for a stay away for the weekend of course, the list above is just based on my HUGE expereance of Dartmoor having lived there for many moons. They say the best lessons are learned by our mistakes.

Hi Simon / Team.

I can definately make the next two meets 1st 2nd March. and 12th 13th April. I will have a structured teaching programme for the group by then so will appreciate a bit of everones time on the day. I plan to send some CD discs with presentations on to Simon for distribution which will allow a little homework for all prior to the meeting/session.

I have already secured medical equipment for the tip to tip (beg borrowed and mainly stolen :twisted: ) so things are looking good.

I havn't flown paramotor since Boxing day due to the 3 W's "Work Weather Women" but hoping to get my bum off the deck Tue weather permitting.

Regards.

Whitters.

I will also hire a van for the kit and we need to work out 'people' transport Each car = x 4 3 cars maybe 4 should do it.

You are going to LOVE this location!

Its very close to where I go when I go camping with my ex ARMY mates to get as far away from stuff as possible. Simply a GREAT place to be! (any time of the year!)

DCP_6845.JPG

DCP_6849.JPG

DCP_6854.JPG

DCP_6880.JPG

• 3 months later...