Flying 2morro sunday.1st april

jock

[attachment=0]Powick-Malvern-Flapping-April-1st (18).JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Powick-Malvern-Flapping-April-1st (2).JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]Powick-Malvern-Flapping-April-1st (23).JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=3]Powick-Malvern-Flapping-April-1st (14).JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=4]Powick-Malvern-Flapping-April-1st (26).JPG[/attachment]

Powick delivered the best flying day of the year so far.

Lovely gentile thermals from 1.30pm all the way through until 6pm when we finally landed. Upton run made without the engine on and the west side of the Malverns cooked up the late lift in the sun.

Dan turned up and flew twice and Bill Warren for a chat (looking to get into the sport).

Day's like this will be remembered for a long time!!

Richard

Excelent pics,bryan,hindle flew the beacon for 2/haft hrs ,he found it very hard to get down,selsly 2morro//////

[attachment=0]Powick-Malvern-Flapping-April-1st (18).JPG[/attachment]

Powick delivered the best flying day of the year so far.

Lovely gentile thermals from 1.30pm all the way through until 6pm when we finally landed. Upton run made without the engine on and the west side of the Malverns cooked up the late lift in the sun.

Dan turned up and flew twice and Bill Warren for a chat (looking to get into the sport).

Day's like this will be remembered for a long time!!

Richard

You SOB's!!!! :mrgreen:

I got stuck on the coast all day eating up gas. It was a strange day. I cant complain it was great on the coast lots of sun but the mountains inland where cooking up a big thunder storm. later in the day at least 30-40nm away I could feel them "sucking" in the sea air.

I'll upload the vid when I get a chance!

Great pics! Looks like you have an epic day!

Congrats from Brazil

Tom

OK, We were lucky with the weather this time Tom, but 9 times out of 10 your weather will be better than ours!

Richard

Glad you guys got out! The pictures are great! Yea they get a ton of flying in around here. If it was not for work we could have went out everyday for the past two weeks. In my area during the summer the thermals are not something you want to meet! Its just coming into a really nice time, Fall and Winder here. The thermals get really nice fat and friendly.

I'm in an area where the back mountains in the summer create some crazy thermal winds (time to kitesurf 20-30kns). You can motor in the morning but the sea breeze comes in quick.

There are guys that free fly in the summer mornings and afternoon but you need to be in good practice and at the top of your game if you wish to fly from 1-3pm in the summer.

Looks good all next week maybe time for a vacation lol

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?go ... &sc=122062

good luck for the coming days

Can you start a thread about your motor? I would love to see more pic's and details you have the

T

yep, it was a lovely day to get in the air, even made the corsair return good gas mileage :D

Great to meet you at last richard and hope to catch up again soon.

Also nice talking to new WPPGC prospecter Bill. We need to get some colors designed so we can hand out prospecting patches. :lol: