tophatter

Anyone near Epping?

It's probably a little early as I've only just had my first flight but I'm starting to think about what happens when I finish my training.

I'm currently training with Simon down at Membury and living just outside Epping it's quite a trek down there and so whilst I'll want to keep in touch with the great bunch of guys down there and go for the occasional fly with them I really need to find somewhere a bit closer.

Any clubs more local to me?

Dave

Hi we fly around the Southend area which is about 45mins from Epping you more than welcome to come over also there is Sabreace Braintree way they a cool bunch of lads drop us a line if you wanna have a chat

It's probably a little early as I've only just had my first flight but I'm starting to think about what happens when I finish my training.

I'm currently training with Simon down at Membury and living just outside Epping it's quite a trek down there and so whilst I'll want to keep in touch with the great bunch of guys down there and go for the occasional fly with them I really need to find somewhere a bit closer.

Dave

Hi Dave, I live in potters bar and reguarly travel down to the chaps at canewdon, thers another of our bunch Russel who lives in enfield.

thers also a couple of chaps, Nick wood and Andy davies who are in the same area and fly up near bennington on the A10

I'm very new and not yet trained. I live in Enfield so like Dave will be looking for locals in a few weeks. Intending to visit Simon shortly to get it all arranged.

Darrel

I also live in Enfield.....

I was ground handling my wing in Enfield playing fields (my house backs onto the fields) last Monday when a paramotor flew over, headed towards the A10. The motor cage looked black, and the wing orange and blue....possibly a Revo or Dudek Reaction.

Is it anyone on here.....??

Neil.. :D

I was ground handling my wing in Enfield playing fields (my house backs onto the fields) last Monday when a paramotor flew over, headed towards the A10. The motor cage looked black, and the wing orange and blue....possibly a Revo or Dudek Reaction.

was proberly Russel :D

Ahhhhhh, a VTR Firestorm. :-)

I seem to remember those being a little bit of a handful (poss tank slapper??)

See you in a few days.

SW :D

See you in a few days.

I always thought the VTR was an ok handling machine.......especially the SP model with Ohlins suspension....

The one's to watch out for were the Suzuki TL-S and TL-R 1000 V twins.....Now they were beasts!!!! :shock:

Neil :D

Sounds like more around my way than I realised! Will certainly catch up with some of you guys when the timing is right. In the meantime it would be worth popping by when the guys in Braintree, Southend etc. are about to show my face.

Just up the road. What a small world. Assuming all goes to plan I'll join you for some practise in a few weeks. Nice to know a local contact.

Darrel

See you in a few days.

Close but no cigar. It's an SP1. Same brand but totally different beast altogether. My pride and joy. And yes a real bitch to tame. Still it makes life a little interesting.

Looking forward to Saturday, fingers crossed on the weather.

Darrel

Just up the road. What a small world. Assuming all goes to plan I'll join you for some practise in a few weeks. Nice to know a local contact.

Darrel

Be good to meet up with you Darrel......

Darrel

Be good to meet up with you Darrel......

Sure. I need to check that my knees can take the weight of a motor first. One to many bike crashes I'm afraid.

you mention a PPG flew over the playing fields. Is that allowed?

Darrel

i've taken off a couple of times with no problems, but I've made sure the park was quiet. Sometimes it gets busy over there with football/rugby matches.

Well I'ved managed my first day with Simon. How do they make it look so easy. Anyway, pending weather etc I expect to get a few more days under my belt in the next couple of weeks. Great news is that my brother, Chris, has started to learn also. He's another Enfield lad so there will be a few of us. Looking for a wing already so won't be long and I'll join you over the playing fields. I'll keep you updated.

Darrel

On 15/03/2012 at 23:52, tophatter said:

Dave

On 15/03/2012 at 23:52, tophatter said:

Dave

Hi Dave,

You find a place to