Anyone near Epping?

tophatter

It's probably a little early as I've only just had my first flight but I'm starting to think about what happens when I finish my training.

I'm currently training with Simon down at Membury and living just outside Epping it's quite a trek down there and so whilst I'll want to keep in touch with the great bunch of guys down there and go for the occasional fly with them I really need to find somewhere a bit closer.

Any clubs more local to me?

Dave

It's probably a little early as I've only just had my first flight but I'm starting to think about what happens when I finish my training.

I'm currently training with Simon down at Membury and living just outside Epping it's quite a trek down there and so whilst I'll want to keep in touch with the great bunch of guys down there and go for the occasional fly with them I really need to find somewhere a bit closer.

Dave

Hi Dave, I live in potters bar and reguarly travel down to the chaps at canewdon, thers another of our bunch Russel who lives in enfield.

thers also a couple of chaps, Nick wood and Andy davies who are in the same area and fly up near bennington on the A10

I also live in Enfield.....

I was ground handling my wing in Enfield playing fields (my house backs onto the fields) last Monday when a paramotor flew over, headed towards the A10. The motor cage looked black, and the wing orange and blue....possibly a Revo or Dudek Reaction.

Is it anyone on here.....??

Neil.. :D

I was ground handling my wing in Enfield playing fields (my house backs onto the fields) last Monday when a paramotor flew over, headed towards the A10. The motor cage looked black, and the wing orange and blue....possibly a Revo or Dudek Reaction.

was proberly Russel :D

Ahhhhhh, a VTR Firestorm. :-)

I seem to remember those being a little bit of a handful (poss tank slapper??)

See you in a few days.

SW :D

I always thought the VTR was an ok handling machine.......especially the SP model with Ohlins suspension....

The one's to watch out for were the Suzuki TL-S and TL-R 1000 V twins.....Now they were beasts!!!! :shock:

Neil :D

Just up the road. What a small world. Assuming all goes to plan I'll join you for some practise in a few weeks. Nice to know a local contact.

Darrel

Ahhhhhh, a VTR Firestorm. :-)

I seem to remember those being a little bit of a handful (poss tank slapper??)

See you in a few days.

SW :D

Close but no cigar. It's an SP1. Same brand but totally different beast altogether. My pride and joy. And yes a real bitch to tame. Still it makes life a little interesting.

Looking forward to Saturday, fingers crossed on the weather.

Darrel

Just up the road. What a small world. Assuming all goes to plan I'll join you for some practise in a few weeks. Nice to know a local contact.

Darrel

Be good to meet up with you Darrel......

Darrel

Be good to meet up with you Darrel......

Sure. I need to check that my knees can take the weight of a motor first. One to many bike crashes I'm afraid.

you mention a PPG flew over the playing fields. Is that allowed?

Darrel

Well I'ved managed my first day with Simon. How do they make it look so easy. Anyway, pending weather etc I expect to get a few more days under my belt in the next couple of weeks. Great news is that my brother, Chris, has started to learn also. He's another Enfield lad so there will be a few of us. Looking for a wing already so won't be long and I'll join you over the playing fields. I'll keep you updated.

Darrel

• 5 years later...
On 15/03/2012 at 23:52, tophatter said:

Dave

On 15/03/2012 at 23:52, tophatter said:

Dave

Hi Dave,

You find a place to 

• 5 years later...
On 4/9/2017 at 1:04 AM, Nadyel Dan said:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a place for flying near Cheshunt-Ware and to meet more pilot's I live in Harlow.

Thanks 

Stef

Hi Stef, I'm in the area. Are you still flying? Would be awesome to meet up.

Cheers

Hasan

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nadyel Dan said:

Hi Hasa  , 

unfortunately I will be little bit down from Epping now ,near to Upminster  if would like you can join us . 

That would work. Not very far off me. Do you have a number we can talk and if possible I can join.

Cheers

Hasan