Hello and can I ask a silly question

I have always been in love with flying and after an aborted attempt at hang gliding in the late 70's I started flying gliders in 1981 and then converted my Silver C to a PPL (when this was easy) in the early 90's.

Thanks to the enlightened leadership of our country and the "world" recession it looks like the PPL will have to lapse and I am looking for some alternative flying (I have always been attracted to Paragliding/motoring).

Regretably I was involved in a serious car crash in 2003 and required in essence a hip replacement, is this sport going to be a non-starter for me?, are there any other mid 50's Paramotor pilots out there with "crocked undercarriages"?

Kind regards

Cessna :D

Nothing silly about the question.

Here in Brasil I was never so happy to help prepare a man to launch (free flight). He just happen to be in a wheelchair. The launch went off with out a hitch and after that we have a nice path for him and its not uncommon to see a chair floating around in the sky!

Anyway, will is the key. But why not a trike? Do you have an open area? airport? etc?

I have the miniplane (light, there are others to) and in 2-5kns its three of four steps. With other gliders it would be less too. My point being if you keep the motor light and get a easy lift-off type glider foot launch should be no issue.

On foot launch try to keep the motor on your back for launch and landing only...

just my .02

T

Many thanks for replies, certainly can carry 30kg, run and jump and have passed regular aviation medicals. As I have a fair piece of Titanium + "bits" in my right hip I worry a little about doing parachute rolls in that direction. However on reflection I guess that is less likely with a paramotor on my back?

Will have to talk it through with the local school

Kind regards

Cessna :D