Hambrook NEW Access \ Rules \ Membership

bholleran

This post is a summary of the the following, Location, Rules and access control to the Hambrooksite site.

Unfortunately due to complaints from local residents the Hambrook site is now a closed site and only paid up members may fly from this site. NO VISITING PILOTS ARE ALLOWED UNLESS AN OPEN FLY IN HAS BEEN ARRANGED AND POSTED ON THIS SITE.

Members of the site are:

1. Barry Holleran

2. Mark Morgan

3. Seymore

4. Luke Banks

5. Steve Haze

6. Michel Carnet

7. Kev Pickering

8. Teresa

9. enzo200500

10. M Banks

There are a few other pilots who have expressed an interest in joining, but at this stage we need to allow things to settle with residents before it can be considered further.

Accountability.

In light of the complaints we must introduce some system that we can defend ourselves from complaints as we are not the only paramotor pilots who fly in this area.

We will be adding a key coded lock box to the gate or immediate vicinity and members will be provided the code, it will contain a log book and EVERY pilot MUST sign in and out of this book on EVERY occasion that we are in the field, whether we fly or not. Any member breaking the rules will be removed from the club and no refunds will be given.

It has also been suggested that each member of the club has a ribbon that is attached to the trailing edge of each wing so that it is immediately obvious if any pilot is from Hambrook or elsewhere, any thoughts regarding this?

We are looking into a method each member having access to the key to open the gate but this is subject to agreement from the land owner.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE NEW NO FLY ZONE ON THE SITE MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also please do not do any low flying over the Chidham peninsula even outside the 500ft rule.

Access to the site:

We have no direct access to the site as it is fenced all the way round and can only be accessed through a single locked gate. We have to arrange for the gate to be unlocked in advance, Charlie the person who unlocks the gate lives on site and requires notice to unlock it for us. This means that if we turn up and notice has not been given we WILL be seen and it will be reported back to the landowner and may mean losing the site. We do not want this to happen, we also need to be reasonable about the times we can contact him and the amount of notice given.

Access can be arranged through EITHER:

Mark Morgan: 07731599660

Barry Holleran: 07748986084

Please do NOT just send BOTH Mark and I a text message asking us to have the field opened up. It has happened a number of times in the past and is a bit annoying for Charlie to have both of us contacting him.

The LATEST time we can ask for access to the field is 18:00, for the following day. But we CANNOT guarantee that it will be granted at that time, so it is strongly recommended that you allow as much time as possible for notice. We will contact you either verbally by text or on the forum once we have confirmed access. DO NOT TURN UP TO THE FIELD UNLESS IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

Location of the site:

PLEASE NOTE THE NEW NO FLY AREA TO THE NORTH EAST CORNER OF THE SITE!!!

This is a link to the site on google maps. (Should work on all browsers), this will give you the opportunity to view the surrounding areas.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... =UTF8&z=14

This is a summary of the above link that can be viewed in the forum.

The area's in Red are "No Fly Zones"

The area's in Blue are "Only above 500ft agl"

The area's in Yellow are "Only above 1000ft agl"

Address:

Priors Leaze Lane

Southbourne,

Chichester,

West Sussex

PO18

Latitude: 50.848533°

Longitude: -0.895173°

Rules:

1. No fly zones must be strictly observed.

2. Permission must be sought and granted before turning up on site.

3. All rubbish must me taken from site.

4. Vehicles should be driven around the perimeter to the desired take off location.

5. No running of engines \ flying before 08:00.

6. All air law must be observed - in particular the low flying rules with respect to nearby buildings.

I trust that everyone understands the reasons for these controls and will make sure that they are followed.

Thanks

Barry

Pooo....

I hope it does not become a problem thing for you guys!

A top tip, and indeed a nice thing to do anyway... is to hold a mini XC event for your 10 members with an entry fee of £10 a head and give the £100 to a small local charity. Presented in a way that shows the event was for a local charity can only be a good thing.

Or other similar idea....

SW :D

The main thing is Simon.... There has been an unknown pilot who flew over langstone harbour and buzzed a dog walker or twitcher this has been sent to the CAA and the finger is being pointed firmly at Hambrook pilots....

We do fly within 5 miles of this area but you would have to be mad or totally stupid to fly low near Lang stone harbour as there is no place to land incase of an engine out.....

It is rather annoying for sure.

Where possible I try to contact the person who complained and explain that in a very polite way, while being as pee'd off as they are ( as I am sure you all are ) Encourage them to try and get a photograph and record the exact time.... all the same things as the CAA will be doing.

If this is not possible, maybe try to find the person and have a similar conversation.

I like the ribbon Idea :-)

I like the idea of a club logo more though ( something cool rather than a ribbon ) given to all pilots who join the club.

I can see it now..... Wings that look like Bikers Jackets!

Membury's Angels! LOL

SW :D

Hi Barry

Thanks for the info. I'll print and laminate the updated no fly areas for members and visitors and leave them tucked into the tractor, somewhere not too obvious. I'll include the Chidham area and do you think it's worth highlighting the field entry exit corridor, i.e. to/from the north over the pylons and the dog leg to the south over the scrap yard?

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Barry

Thanks for the info. I'll print and laminate the updated no fly areas for members and visitors and leave them tucked into the tractor, somewhere not too obvious. I'll include the Chidham area and do you think it's worth highlighting the field entry exit corridor, i.e. to/from the north over the pylons and the dog leg to the south over the scrap yard?

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Hold off on the laminating as I need to make an alteration.

Did you try the Nuke?

Hi Guys

I just google earthed Langstone Harbour as I wasn't too sure where it is.

Lots of fields and landing areas by the looks of it on the east side......

Simons idea is good, the Niverna day may well have got on the nerves of the residents to the immediate west of the field.

Maybe we should mail drop them like we do for the Opens before hand and say its for charity?

T

Hi Guys

I just google earthed Langstone Harbour as I wasn't too sure where it is.

Lots of fields and landing areas by the looks of it on the east side......

Simons idea is good, the Niverna day may well have got on the nerves of the residents to the immediate west of the field.

Maybe we should mail drop them like we do for the Opens before hand and say its for charity?

T

The complaint from Langstone Harbour did not happen on the Nirvana day, and to the best of my knowledge no one was flying from hambrook.

There was a complaint from the farm that is now marked as the new no fly area, he cam and spoke to make on the Nirvana day. It was politly explained that we were within our rights (as no 500ft rule was being broken), but as a curtosy we would avoid his farm and the surrounding area as there had been quite a lot of low flying over the fields and I suspect that the noise carried further than thought.

We dont know who the pilot is that fly's over langstone harbour but we are pretty sure it was not any of us.

Hi Barry

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kev i think your right the both north and south exit points should be on the map.

I like the idea of a club logo more though ( something cool rather than a ribbon ) given to all pilots who join the club.

I can see it now..... Wings that look like Bikers Jackets!

Not sure that the public will be able to distinguish between us and other pilots with a club logo. The ideal of a number on the wing was thought about BUT that would mean having it on all the time and will leave sticky marks on it if we remove then. A ribbon will be visible from a distance and is easily removed for flying in other locations.

Hi Barry,

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the neighbours. I had a chance to fly at this site last weekend following Mark around and down the coast. A beautiful if slightly chilly flight. I live in SW London and this is my closest coastal site. Please put me on your list of your interested local pilots and let me know if you decide you can accept a few more members.

Oh, and I already comply with rule number 7 :)

Thank you,

Eugene

Hi Barry,

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the neighbours. I had a chance to fly at this site last weekend following Mark around and down the coast. A beautiful if slightly chilly flight. I live in SW London and this is my closest coastal site. Please put me on your list of your interested local pilots and let me know if you decide you can accept a few more members.

Oh, and I already comply with rule number 7 :)

Thank you,

Eugene

Ah, I remember speaking to you. But since you comply with rule number 7, that will be the bottom of the list then :)

Passing on some info.

A nice chap from the council had a chat with us a few years back.

Had a complaint.

Whilst not breaking the 500ft rule is within our rights, we can be had for noise pollution and disturbing the peace.

So we did the same as you guys and made our own no fly zone over this farm. Our apologies were passed on.

All good since.

Mike :mrgreen:

Thanks for that Mike

I plan to personally go down to the farm and vist the farmer when we have finalised the no fly zone map and registration mark or the wing,s (ie ribbon). I will be armed with wine and flowers for the mrs farmer... I hope this will do the trick.