Hi I'm new and looking for advice.

Hi. I'm stu. I am looking into starting paramotor training. I have found a school local to me that looks promising but it is not on the BHPA web site. Is this an issue or does it not matter. It does say they follow the syllabus but I want to know if I am missing out on something by not traing directly with the BHPA. Thanks for reading. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Stu - it currently does not matter, as anyone is legally allowed to teach you how to fly a paramotor ....

I am biased towards the BHPA as I believe all training should be standardised, and their Pilot training syllabus is comprehensive and provides full insurance. This is a PMC forum however and their instructors follow a similar syllabus and equally good training - as do some other freelance instructors.

So basically it doesn't matter what letters the school operates under, providing the quality of equipment and training is good - and more importantly, safe. The main criteria for learning is the attitude and ability of the student.

Why not post your location and people on here will be able to recommend a good instructor ?

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense when ya put it like that. I'm based in east tilbury in Essex. I was flying micro lights a few years back but didnt complete my training due to seriously underestimating how much it would all cost. I got to flying solo but not much after that. Annoyingly what I spent on that I could have done my paramotor training and got a nice set up and be up and flying by now. Hind site and all that. Any one fly local to me?

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense when ya put it like that. I'm based in east tilbury in Essex. I was flying micro lights a few years back but didnt complete my training due to seriously underestimating how much it would all cost. I got to flying solo but not much after that. Annoyingly what I spent on that I could have done my paramotor training and got a nice set up and be up and flying by now. Hind site and all that. Any one fly local to me?

Hello, theres a group of us flying from a couple of sites down southend way, you are more than welcome to pop down for a chat at some point.

Ye ok thank you. I'm looking to learn at a school near Braintree. Looks good there. Unless anyone can recommend one better and closer to me. After I stopped the microlighting I got myself a nice Jetski. That's what's going to fund my new toy. :coptor:

My mobile is 07508204452 if anyone fly's local. Give us a text and I'll bring some cakes over :D