Neutral trim.

Guest chrisg547

Guest chrisg547

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it wise/safe to take off and land with my Revo2 trimmed at neutral? (I have it on the Paramania take off settings at the moment)

Would it make much difference to the speed on takeoff/landing, and is it better/safer to fly around on neutral (more stable. I'm not ready to try reflex yet or adjust in flight)?

Input appreciated !!!

Chris.

Hi Chris

Reflex is much faster and due to the higher wing speed means higher pressure in the wing thus more stable. You will notice if you come in on neutral trims how much faster it is. So unless you have a few hours under your belt best to come in as normal, Increase it little by little..

The take off on neutral will be faster ie you will have to run more in zero winds and the wing will come up faster.

Best to just try with a ground handling harness and feel the difference before you strap your self in and try it with power.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chrisg547

Thanks all and the link answers my question.

Actually tried it on 1 to 1 and a half yesterday in about 4mph or only just enough to get the wing up with a reverse launch.

Was so easy to get of the ground and the guys i was with said it was noticeably faster on the circuits i did.

Will try neutral next time I think.

Guest chrisg547

This might be a bone question, but after reading the Revo2 manual it doesn't really say at what point to stop using brakes and only use WTS.

Am i right in assuming it is the correct way to only use brakes at neutral trim?

This might be a bone question, but after reading the Revo2 manual it doesn't really say at what point to stop using brakes and only use WTS.

Am i right in assuming it is the correct way to only use brakes at neutral trim?

I have used the brakes up to about the third mark into reflex and found no adverse effects, I think you would be quite safe using the brakes in anything up to about the fourth mark on reflex. once I take off I always put the trim to about one and a half into reflex and fly with the brakes.

Guest chrisg547

I have used the brakes up to about the third mark into reflex and found no adverse effects, I think you would be quite safe using the brakes in anything up to about the fourth mark on reflex. once I take off I always put the trim to about one and a half into reflex and fly with the brakes.

Great, thanks for the info....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chrisg547

Yep neutral is the way to go. Did 2 flights, one in 5 mph (reverse launch), one forward (not a breath) both much easier to get off the ground.

Landings were a doddle as well....