1st Fly-in of the year April 13-16 Winsford, Cheshire.

irm750

Well lets hope its flyable especially after all work the hard work that goes into having one!

Friday looks about the best day for flying for me, so hoping to get my shit together (wifey and and kids) for an evening flight :D .............................not sure who are the lucky ones - them staying at a Travelodge or me in a tent? :? ...................................me in a tent!!! :twisted::D

May the sun Gods be with us!!! :D

Mike

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Sorry I can't make this event although I'm sure you will all have a great time although I suspect a few will suffer from heavy heads.

I was hoping to nose around for some second hand kit. I'm after my first motor. I just need some decent trust, I'm not worried about age etc since I'm good with the spanners. Can you keep an eye out and drop me a line or PM with any details.

Thanks in advance and enjoy the weekend. I'll have my fingers crossed for good weather.

Darrel

Guys,

Sorry I can't make this event although I'm sure you will all have a great time although I suspect a few will suffer from heavy heads.

I was hoping to nose around for some second hand kit. I'm after my first motor. I just need some decent trust, I'm not worried about age etc since I'm good with the spanners. Can you keep an eye out and drop me a line or PM with any details.

Thanks in advance and enjoy the weekend. I'll have my fingers crossed for good weather.

Darrel

PM Sent.

Meds......................well done mate, excellent fly-in!!

I'm back early................Kent is a long way!

It was good to meet up with some old faces and meet some new.

Hope you get to burn all that wood?.

...................so now that the farmer is hooked.......................when is the next one?

Mike

ps mental note to myself....'leave kids and other half at home' next time!!!!!!

great pic tricky, i was going to ask if anyone had a pic from above, please thank alex for me,

i spent all weekend on my feet running around i forgot to take pics as well as fly.... :lol:

have you guys got many more pics of the fly-in you can share with us.?

tom, shame you couldn't make it, i had a cold can of beer and a keyring waiting for you :lol:

we were lucky with the weather as it was a borderline forecast but flyable on all 3 days

lol

I looked at the weather balloon readings and there was a nice 150km/h jet stream at 35k going your way but it was the -65 that got me. I can only get so much rum on the mini to keep me warm!

In all seriousness great to see you guys got out and had some fun, and kudos to you it take allot to put things together for everyone!

Cheers

T

My two favorite things in that photo V5 and Speedster... :wink:

Looks like the forecast was wrong and i should have come up....

Is that a beer can in the lower left hand side of the harness?

you should always carry fluids in case you land out in a dry area.

well done med you did us proud got few pics taken on a walk about.got good one of the doc preparing to take off after a tip off that the banbury barnstormers were about to enter our southern border .he told me it won,t be a hostile engagement ,but if need be he is equiped with six 36 mm rounds of black pud send me your e-mail address and will send you them w1bil1tric@hotmail.co.uk top man dude

It was a great weekend and significant acts of blatant aviation were committed on all three of the days I was able to be there. Had four good flights myself but the last one on sunday was the most interesting. The wind was getting very blustery by the time I was coming round to land.

When set for my usual landing trim I was making hardly any progress at all so went round again and landed on full fast.

Surprisingly easy landing but my arms were way up on the brakes for most of the approach. Rick was concerned that I had my brakes set up wrong. It was however a conscious decision due to the large trim range of the speedster risers. Probably the wrong decision with hindsight.

Anyhow a great weekend. Lots of airtime and lots of chat with more knowledgeable pilots.

What's not to like?

Well done Mark.

Till next time

TTFN

:wingover::wingover::wingover: