Which GPS for an old git?

christian

I am looking for a GPS, not necessarily new. My problem is that I need reading glasses, so I am looking for something with a large readout and big buttons.

Is there anybody else out there in a similar position and found a satisfactory GPS?

I am not looking for anything particularly sophisticated, but it would be good if it could show restricted airspace etc, particularly in France. And if it had an altimeter/vario incorporated it would be even better.

Any suggestions where I should start my research?

Thanks,

Christian

I got the Satmap Active 10 loaded with aero charts nice size screen and like you my eye's are not good (age thing) its fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it, the only thing that ive found to bug me is the route planning although can be done all from handset its not that easy there is an online route planning service £60 for the year which i will use when i get around to buying it.

But would still reccomend it.

Neilzy, it's not my age that's the problem, it's the length of my arms.

On another forum somebody had the brilliant suggestion of using stick on bi-focals on normal sunglasses, http://optx2020.com/p-2-hydrotac-stick- ... enses.aspx

Now it's just a matter of finding the right GPS, more recommendations please. I think some people use the Garmin 60CSX, which I think has been superseded by the Garmin 62 range, but I'm just guessing.

Christian

I was using the Garmin 60CSx whose interface I dislike and then moved over to the Satmap which is excellent (although feels a tiny bit laggy), but recently have been using an iPhone 4 and Motion X which is superb and surprisingly accurate when plotted to known landmarks on a map afterwards. The next thing I want to do is experiment with my iPad2 using MotionX as the amount of easily visible info on a large screen would be luxurious, along with any other potentially useful apps. A back-up GPS would be good too.