Friday 13 th photos

morgy

Apologies for my ignorance....

but is an 'Agama' some sort of flotation device for if your motor quits... or is it one of those fancy safety knives that you can use to cut through your lines to avoid getting tangled, if you ditch in the water??

Edited to add... looks like fun (if the motor doesn't stop...) & nice photos. :wink:

Yes- an Agama is a floation device attached to your powerunit frame- when immersed in water it automatically inflates and helps keep the motor afloat.

My advice would be to not try this at all... even with an Agama, there is no certaintly it will keep you safe. If you get tangled in the lines or the wing, you will be in great danger.

GD

Awesome pics, especially the last two, looks like Friday 13th was a good day for you guys! Where they taken?

Just south of our take off site....

Yes- an Agama is a floation device attached to your powerunit frame- when immersed in water it automatically inflates and helps keep the motor afloat.

My advice would be to not try this at all... even with an Agama, there is no certaintly it will keep you safe. If you get tangled in the lines or the wing, you will be in great danger.

GD

The area that was flown in these photos is only about 2-3 feet deep at high tide and was only around 20ft from the bank.... An agama and knife was taken just in case...

Yes this is a very high risk thing to do and not advised..

I think there has been a debate on here before regarding water landings... it has certainly been covered on the 'Risk and Reward DVD'...

Best to avoid if possible, but if you realise you are going in to water... they suggest ....

-Leaving the trim tabs on fast and dont flare or brake, so that the wing overshoots you and clears you to reduce risk of entanglement

-Loosening buckles and bailing out of the harness just as your feet touch the water. Don't jump from a height, as it's difficult to judge height above water without references

In this case, the Agami wont be a lot of use to the pilot, but may certainly help keep the gear afloat.

Hope i never have to find out the best way... :lol:

GD

Sorry, but that is definitely an open mouthed crocodile in the bottom centre of that last picture, just hoping, and waiting to bite your arse when your motor quits :shock:

The other thing, is doing what you were doing.....on Friday 13th :shock: I'm not really superstious, but that could be considered asking for trouble :wink:

Great photos!!!