Surrey Airmap

dantheman

• 8 months later...

Hi

I live in woking as well i was wondering where you fly from i have seen a couple of guys flying around the send area and over the downs at guildford. I was interested in taking up paramotoring i fly on the south downs in brighton. it would be great to meet up and have a chat as ihave a few question i would like to ask ie wings etc.

Yeah I think it's Laura and Ben flying from Barry Gardiners place in Normandy, they (if it was them) were almost over Knaphill last week just before sunset - makes a nice change from Cessna's out from Farnborough and Fairoaks.

PM me your mobile number and I'll invite you round for a chat if you like ?

hi dude

sent you a pm with my number on it not sure if you got it. Its a shame the weather has turned for the worst altohugh i got a days flying at firle and at the dyke the other day. It would be good if you could ring me when you are going out for a fly as i have a few questions and about equipment etc.

many thanks

mark

• 8 months later...

Sorry to bring an old post back up!

Just looking at the map! I live in Grayswood....the very bottom centre of the map below Dunsfold literally on the edge!

Saw i was just outside the purple line for the restriction.

What does this mean? I'm free? :P

Cheers,

Josh.

Guys If you are having to ask these questions I think it would be good for all in the sport (especialy yourselves) to get some theory training done.

Pete b

Hi Pete!

Sorry to be a pain! I am currently reading Noel Whittall's book on paramotoring and havn't got to the subject of air map reading yet. I find it tricky reading these maps as it is all so new to me. I've only been revising for a week and yet to even see my first wing! In due time, i'm sure i will get plenty of theory training.

I thought maybe i could get a quick, short answer telling me what the area means....no need for an explanation as i can work it out using the book.

Sorry again,

Josh.

Josh, I beg you please to disregard the advice above with the exception of what Pete B says. This is the second time today that incorrect airspace information is being passed on and taken as gospel by newbies. Get proper instruction in this matter rather than believing other peoples misunderstandings.

Ok thanks for the warnings!

I will take it all with a pinch of salt untill training has been taken on board.

Cheers anyway for making the effort to write!

Josh.

If you have not already got one, buy yourself a up to date airmap of the area you intend to fly, then find an experienced pilot and sit down with him and go through it, he will tell you exactly what each part means, the legend at the bottom is something you need to be familiar with too, then when you have a spare bit of time, pick up your airmap and have a read of it, the info on an airmap not only needs to be fully understood but also used in the correct manner so to insure you fly safely and without infringing any airspace.

Dave.

I have a new and up todate airmap :lol: I have looked at it alot planning my flights for when my motor finaly turns up!!! :shock: I think i am going to go and get some more training as i must have got the wrong end of the stick or missed understood my instructor :oops:

Mark, I've joined SHGC so will be up on the Dyke and the other venues quite a bit from the end of June onwards (moving near to Henfield). I'm fairly new to this free flying malarkey so if you show me the etiquette on the hill top I'll get you going places with the motoring if you like.